Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Post your dentist beats

i got to go to the dentist tomorrow. i will need a back molar extracted becuase it fell off my brushing list, plus i probs need some crown or something on another tooth.

i am not looking forward to this at all.

please post your dental beats to make me feel better.

oh yeah, ill probs need another filling as well. not brushing your teeth during regular 3 day benders whilst at university was not a wise idea.

and yes i am british.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Post your dentist beats

[ QUOTE ]

and yes i am british.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard
Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM

i read this as dent your beat poets
Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM

Long time ago I get the pain signaling that a trip to the dentist is unavoidable. I hate dentists more than just about any other kind of doctor and that is saying quite a bit coming from my family history.

Quick example....five years ago my father had a heart attack (his second) which eventually led to a three day hospital stay and an angioplasty to avoid open heart surgery. He had the heart attack at 10am and didn't go to the ER until 6:30pm.

So I go to a dentist that uses sweet air/novocain for the cowards (OP raises both hands and begins waiving them in a Forest Gump like fashion). They whack me up with six shots of novie and I make them turn the nitros up just to the south side of passing out/puking. The second the evil bastard puts his hands in my mouth every molecule in my body explodes in a level of pain I cannot fully describe with the tools that spoken language affords me. The closest comparison I can give is when I was 17 my appendix had to be removed but it took the hospital almost 14 hours to diagnose me and they could not give me anything for the pain in the interim because they weren't sure it wouldn't complicate whatever the problem was. I would rate that pain about a 2 compared with a 10 of what this was.
It was so bad that as I got up from the chair without even realizing what I was doing I was taking a swing at the SOB. I missed (thankfully) and walked out of the place. I had also ALREADY paid about $400 for the work he was doing and didn't care.

Like two days (and two gallons of Anbesol...lol) later I went to a dental surgeon and got put to sleep and had all the work I needed done in one shot. I have never had any dental work since then without going to sleep.

My anxiety going to a dentist is so over the top, the last time I went to have a tooth pulled they had to wait 45 minutes AFTER hooking me up to the IV to administer the drugs to put me out because my heart rate was so elevated they were afraid something would go wrong.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM

As many may know, molars start out in pieces which fuse together. When I was a kid, my molars did not fuse together 100%, which meant I had five cavities that needed filling. Ok, standard.

Well, my dentist did not feel that children should be given drugs, so I had five cavities (three in one sitting, two in another) drilled with no painkillers, numbing agents, nothing. Needless to say, it was horrible.

My parents didn't say anything about it because, frankly, they figured he knew what the hell he was talking about. Plus, he was our neighbor and I guess they assumed he was looking out for my best interests.

Dammit, now that I think about it more, maybe my parents set the whole thing up. Bastards.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:41 PM

i don't understand people who are scared of the dentist. i'm trying to be a dentist, i've volunteered for/observed a dentist for a couple weeks. there's nothing painful going on in there. you get numbed. if you aren't numb enough, you can be numbed more. if you're like hamsamich and get really anxious, you can get some valium. being really anxious makes it more likely that you'll feel pain, so that also explains why you might have needed more painkiller.

While i was observing, a ~70 year old woman had a crown done with no anesthesia. don't be sissies imo.

edit: good chance british dentists don't know what they're doing due to lack of practice ldo
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM

a dentist killed my father
Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM

My wife had braces as a kid and they screwed up her teeth. She has had more root canals than anyone I know.

Every one of them with NO novocain or sweet air. She drives herself there and after most of them has eaten a regular dinner.

I think your tolerance/definition of pain changes dramatically after you pop out a couple of kids..lol
Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a dentist killed my father

[/ QUOTE ]

dentistry raped my mother
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Highest rate of Suicide - Dentists !