Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM

Default NL10 - overpair, overcard/nut flush draw

Hi,

I mostly play NL10.

Here are two hands where I'll take any advice :

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

<font color="blue">UTG ($4.71)</font>
<font color="blue">Hero ($9.85)</font>
Button ($3.69)
SB ($8.27)
BB ($4.33)

Preflop: Hero is MP with , .
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="blue">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.55) , , <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.55) <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">UTG goes allin for $2</font>.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

CO ($5)
Hero ($8.20)
SB ($6.20)
BB ($12.92)
UTG ($10.04)
MP ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with , . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="blue">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="blue">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.65) , , <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.65</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.3</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG goes allin for $9.54</font>, <font color="red">Hero goes allin for $7.70.</font>
UTG is returned $1.84 (uncalled).

Final Pot: $17.05

Hand #1 : one of my first hands at the table, no particular info.
I obviously reraise with QQ from the button.
Flop comes, undercards with no draw, at this level I believe there's no way I won't fall in love with my hand.

Hand #2 : just before, the villain has raised PF and bet pot with Js8s where he had top pair (he won and showed his hand). He reloaded after a suckout and posted the live blind.
I don't especially believe him on the flop, so I reraise him. When he goes allin, I put him on a king with no draw, which gives me 12 outs, so I belive that I have the odds to push.
I think he would have reraised PF with KK, and if he has 66, well I'll go and watch TV...

Please let me know what you think about both hands, any advice will be appreciated !
Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: NL10 - overpair, overcard/nut flush draw

first hand looks fine, bet a little more on flop ~1.90

I really don't like the min raise on the second hand. You are representing a 6 (whenever someone min raises me I put them on 2 pr minimum), but you raised preflop. Your postflop and preflop plays are not consistent. I believe you are correct that you should call once you are pushed all-in, but is the nut flush draw where you want all your money in?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

On hand #1, I didn't want to frighten any big ace/underpair, and make my bet look like a CB.

#2 : let's say I wanted to know where I was standing. Was it a case where I should make a big reraise or fold ? But it's only A9s... I wasn't THAT ready to move allin, but then I followed my read and believed I had the odds.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:16 PM

right, but on the first hand, you still want to get value from anyone that flopped a jack, and i doubt the 40 cents will make a difference to someone with 88-10's.

hand 2: call, hope for A or heart &gt; big raise &gt; fold &gt; minraise

just imo, i hate minraises, they open the door for trips or a big king to put you to a big decision
Old 09-17-2007, 05:17 PM

by that i mean, they it allows them to reraise you all-in (because they'd clearly rather get it all in on the flop)

so either just call, or make a raise puts THEM, rather than you, to the decision
Old 09-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Hand #1 looks fine. I'd bet more on the flop if villian had a larger stack. With only $3.5 behind, 1.50 on the flop seems fine.

Hand #2 - once he pushes I'd definitely call, especially with your read.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:21 PM

hand 1 is fine, how can we debate a turn check against a shortie. Unless he slowrolled a KK / AA, which is why I could sometimes see a flop check in rare instances with qq here on a jack flop or a check on turn.

Hand 2 you overplayed a9 suited real bad I like a limp preflop since u decided to raise, i like the call on flop if you want to try to hit 13 outs/45 if that about otherwise its a fold at best your trying to hit 13 outs if he doesnt have the 6. Even then you dont have to call flop just because you hit a draw, if you miss youve got to fold turn if an ace spikes go for pot control debate a river call, check turn.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM

I get the point, thanks for the advice.

I usually would have folded this one.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM

1. Standard. Flop bet size is fine with these stacks.

2. Donīt miniraise, just shove. However, since the board is paired, our equity goes down. So I think folding is best. If the board wasnīt paired I shove all day vs this guy.