Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: \"How was everything tonight??\"

Beats applebees last night. My buddies burger is dropped off then all employees vanish until he is finished. They come to get his empty plate. I have to ask them where the hell is my food? I guess it never occurred to them that we wouldn't be sharing his plate and I might have ordered something too. I didn't tip.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:46 AM

This is similar to walking into retail stores (I've found Best Buys to be the worst) and be asked by EVERY [censored] EMPLOYEE if I need any help finding something.

No, god damnit, I don't. I'm not retarded. I wish your corporate overloads would realize I want to shop in peace.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:53 AM

I have experienced this "quality of service" lately at Safeway. It has gotten so bad that I don't go anymore (probably not what they were hoping for). Every two freakin' seconds somebody in the produce section is asking me how my day is going and if I am finding everything alright. I can tell they are forced to ask every customer who comes within 20 feet of them. I am a single, bitter male who is just trying to buy some apples. Assuming you are not a hot female between 18-32, I don't need you to be my Safeway buddy.

Then the cashier asks me if I found everything I was looking for today. It's a little late at this point if I didn't. I have told them on many occasions about their lack of Old El Paso fajita mix, but actually listening to the response from the customer is not part of the experience.

Puf2003champ
Old 06-24-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beats applebees last night. My buddies burger is dropped off then all employees vanish until he is finished. They come to get his empty plate. I have to ask them where the hell is my food? I guess it never occurred to them that we wouldn't be sharing his plate and I might have ordered something too. I didn't tip.

[/ QUOTE ]you're allowed to stand up and ask someone.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:04 AM

I hate the ones that scream a welcome at you when you walk in the door - Arby's and Moe's - like there was a study and people said a friendly greeting was a key consideration in deciding where to get some food.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:34 AM

I agree, racers. But those places haven't been nearly as bad, in my experience, as Cici's. It's a super cheap pizza buffet where the employees yell greetings as you come in and salutations as you leave. [censored] them and their stupid ass greetings. [censored].
Old 06-24-2007, 04:15 AM

I'm reminded of my recent trip to a new place called FireHouse Subs (seems like it's a chain).
I walk in and 1 or 2 people behind the counter say, "Welcome to Firehouse." No biggie, I get in line and order a sub.

While I'm in line and later waiting for my sub there were 6 or 7 different people that walked in the door and EVERY time somebody walked in all 4 or 5 them behind the counter would give their "Welcome to Firehouse."

They didn't all say it once. A couple of them didn't see the new customer at first so they echoed the first Welcome-to-Firehouse's.

They had all done it so much that they really didn't have a lot of enthusiasm to it anymore.

For every person that walked in they would be greeted by 4 or 5 half-dead and unenthusiastic, "Welcome to firehouse" and I almost laughed right there in the place because it was so ridiculous.

I felt like I was in a bizarre Saturday Night Live sketch. Except that this situation was actually funny.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a single, bitter male who is just trying to buy some apples.

[/ QUOTE ]

this line made me laugh.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 AM

ha, this annoys me too, but what annoys me more is what they do here in australia. In most stores, they practically ignore you so that sometime you have to wander around looking for a salesperson. Though I guess there are days when this is good.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:37 AM

You should dine with my husband who counts these among his pet peeves.

"So, how is everything?"

"Well, peace in the middle east would be good."

"Can I get you anything else?"

"No."

When they bring the check, "No. I said we didn't want anything else!"

The day to day minefield of living with a literalist.