Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: UTG (25/13) limps and you from the button make it $9 to go. Folded to the UTG limper who reraises
55 9 50.00%
AQo 1 5.56%
AJs 1 5.56%
JTs 4 22.22%
76s 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Karaoke

So a couple of nights ago I got invited out to a Karaoke night. I usually just stumble upon them on accident.

To me, the whole concept is strange: people earnestly singing songs in front of total strangers, ostensibly for their approval. For free no less.

It made me think, why do people do this? Can't I do this in my car or in my office or some other place where I am by myself? Then I realized I am weird myself so decided to create this thread.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Karaoke

Journey, FTW
Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 AM

Please clarify "do you/have you participated regularly..."

I have participated. I have not done (and do not do) so regularly. I have never done so sober. I have abused Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, David Allan Coe, Merle Haggard, Franz Ferdinand, and Michael Jackson.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 AM

cj,

I guess the question is how proactive you are in seeking out Karaoke guy to request a song that you can sing. I realize that a lot of people are passive and either join in as a group or have a song requested specifically for them, that's why I phrased the question that way...
Old 01-10-2007, 01:46 AM

Who the hell voted sober?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 AM

[censored] gay dude i dont sing karaoke
Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cj,

I guess the question is how proactive you are in seeking out Karaoke guy to request a song that you can sing. I realize that a lot of people are passive and either join in as a group or have a song requested specifically for them, that's why I phrased the question that way...

[/ QUOTE ]If you're trying to identify the guy who schedules a trip to karaoke or goes weekly to the same bar to sing his usual tunes with a steadfast commitment and seriousness of heart, please take one "yes" off the polling number. This is not me. I have, more than once, drunkenly belted a well-known tune in an ill-conceived effort to make fun of myself (and win the admiration and validation of the faceless masses, let's be honest).
Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 AM

the only thing worse than a karaoke singer who can't hold a tune is the ones who choose rap songs.

edited to add "Speedy Gonzales" ftw
Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cj,

[/ QUOTE ]If you're trying to identify the guy who schedules a trip to karaoke or goes weekly to the same bar to sing his usual tunes with a steadfast commitment and seriousness of heart, please take one "yes" off the polling number. This is not me. I have, more than once, drunkenly belted a well-known tune in an ill-conceived effort to make fun of myself (and win the admiration and validation of the faceless masses, let's be honest).

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums it up for me too, I don't seek it out or go often, but I've been places where it's there and it's pretty fun to get up and belt out a tune.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 AM

Karaoke is mad fun with the drunk homies. Rap songs are absolutely horrid for this as are uber hard rock songs. Pick some pop [censored] to abuse that people know. Journey, Bon Jovi, Oasis, classic R&B are all great songs. I personally have decimated The Commoderes "Easy" twice in the past week. Its too long, but still fun to sing. Private Karaoke rooms w/ bottles and friends FTW.