Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 AM

Default Call this river bet?

Villain is TAG, 22/11 PF and plays very aggressive post flop when he has a hand.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.6SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">I raised to protect my hand and to find out there I was, when he called, I figured he was on overcards and not an over pair.</font>

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.8BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.8BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero...

Ut oh, do I call here? Could he really have capped preflop with AQs or something? Am I wasting a bet calling here?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Call this river bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is TAG, 22/11 PF and plays very aggressive post flop when he has a hand.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.6SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">I raised to protect my hand and to find out there I was, when he called, I figured he was on overcards and not an over pair.</font>

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.8BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.8BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero...

Ut oh, do I call here? Could he really have capped preflop with AQs or something? Am I wasting a bet calling here?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a 68/9 LAP, of course you'll call!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 AM

drzen,

If you're totally convinced this was the right way to play the hand, just write EXPERT above it and post it in the NC thread.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: QQ caps and donk still likes to play

[ QUOTE ]
I capped preflop. If he's ever seen me cap and show down, it will have been a big hand. I can't remember whether he has but he won't have seen me get much out of line with my raises. He won't think in figures, I daresay, but he'll figure I raise about the same range he does.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he showed this much thought, he wouldn't be 68/9.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: QQ caps and donk still likes to play

*grunch*
nh

Edit: this is in response to drzn's hand
Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="red"> MP2 raises </font>, Hero 3-bets, 4 folds, UTG calls, <font color="red"> MP2 caps </font> , Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.6SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red"> MP2 bets </font>, Hero...

<font color="blue"> ...raises? Does this really seem reasonable?
</font>

Just because it is reasonable for JJ doesn't make raising the flop correct. You need AK to tip in favor of raising.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM

Same deal, but "Hero" is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it's reasonable.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same deal, but "Hero" is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it's reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not enough. You're ahead of JJ and A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but behind AA and KK.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:27 PM

You're ahead of TT plus the chance that villain is spazzing with whiffed overs as well.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're ahead of TT plus the chance that villain is spazzing with whiffed overs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sketchy... these hands are decreasingly likely. But I'm willing to concede that raising here is a coin flip.