Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: I like it!... erm, no I don\'t.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we have two outs to improve if we're behind, and it's unlikely villain has more than 5 outs to improve if we're ahead, so...?

if we're popped on the turn when we bet after capping are we folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a very specific set of circumstances that define WA/WB...this hand meets none of them. Ergo, not WA/WB. That said, standard line against relative unknowns is to give them credit for something if they're still coming at us on the turn, and call down from there. So, cap flop, lead turn, call a raise and c/c the river. Without seeing an ace, anywhere, you can't fold KK without an incredibly strong read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say 'none' of them...

It's HU, OOP... that's 2 of the criteria.

It's probably a big pair showdown.... that's another, no? (2 outs to improve whoever has the smaller pair).

KO
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 AM

I think you slowed down too fast here. I cap the flop and lead the turn. I probably even 3bet the turn if raised. I doubt a set is in his capping range here pf, so we are only WB to AA. I think we are WA way more then WB at least with what we know on the flop. If he still goes crazy on the turn I may start worrying about AA, but not until then.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a very specific set of circumstances that define WA/WB...this hand meets none of them. Ergo, not WA/WB. That said, standard line against relative unknowns is to give them credit for something if they're still coming at us on the turn, and call down from there. So, cap flop, lead turn, call a raise and c/c the river. Without seeing an ace, anywhere, you can't fold KK without an incredibly strong read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't this WA/WB?

We're heads up. We don't know if we are ahead or behind. If we are behind, we're drawing to 2 outs. If we are ahead, Villain is drawing to about the same (maybe a few more). Since he didn't raise PF, we assign a low probability of pocket aces. He may have a set of 8's. I have a hard time believing he has two pair.

I do agree with the line you suggest though.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:17 AM

You're not HU until the end of the flop. If you're behind, you don't have enough outs to get ahead. You're WAY more likely to be ahead than behind.

As has been said, WA/WB is overused in this forum, almost to mean, generically, that we are either ahead or behind. This simple fact is true so often that we don't need a name for it, or, more precisely, we call it "poker". Moreover, one might play a line that is identical to a WA/WB line for some reason other than being WA/WB.

Hero needs much more evidence of being behind before he should slow down, here.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you slowed down too fast here. I cap the flop and lead the turn. I probably even 3bet the turn if raised. I doubt a set is in his capping range here pf, so we are only WB to AA. I think we are WA way more then WB at least with what we know on the flop. If he still goes crazy on the turn I may start worrying about AA, but not until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you made the same mistake that I did when I first looked at this hand. Villain did not raise or cap preflop.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM

Assuming that this is a set or passively-preflop-played AA is MUBS. This could be a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw, a low straight draw, or even a TPTK-type hand. Cap flop, lead turn, see what happens.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that this is a set or passively-preflop-played AA is MUBS. This could be a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw, a low straight draw, or even a TPTK-type hand. Cap flop, lead turn, see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At first I mistakenly thought that villain had limped then capped preflop.

But even if he had, I would still not have slowed down before seeing something like a turn raise.