Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/18/07 NFL AFTERNOON GAME THREAD ***

i lost 5k because of the jets.

i hate my life. and the jets.

that is all.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/18/07 NFL AFTERNOON GAME THREAD ***

[ QUOTE ]
I am on Washington. It looks like a great steal for Dallas with the Taylor injury but I really think this is a desperation game for the Redskins much moreso than the Cowboys. This is also the third straight division game for the Cowboys and they clearly showed up for the first two with spectacular road performances against the Eagles and Giants.

Tony Romo is playing at a high quality level but if Washington has a strength it's their secondary matching up with wide receivers. If you watched the Philadelphia game it was the dual threat ability of Brian Westbrook to match up with the Redskins linebackers.

The Eagles scored a semi-cheap TD when McNabb underthrew the ball to Reggie Brown, as well as throwing it to the wrong shoulder for a touchdown. The Eagles also scored on a very well executed screen pass but it was the skills of Westbrook that made that happen. The Cowboys don't have a running back with the speed and manuverability of Westbrook.

The Giants were just flat out flustered against the Cowboys with countless delay of game and stupid penalties. What I did see was a Giants team that moved the ball against the Cowboys defense, who are still missing DT Ferguson in the middle. Tank Johnson isn't in football shape and the lack of a big time DT doesn't bode well for covering 11 points against a Washington team that will pound Portis and Betts and end up clock, especially on the road in order to take the crowd out of the game.

Take a look at Jeremy Shockey against Dallas last weekend. He had a huge game, his best of the year and in a few years. For a team like the Redskins who love to use the TE Cooley it looks like a comparable situation.

As far as James Thrash missing the game that may be true but I think Santana Moss may be able to give it a go. If not expect Randel El to be more involved in trick plays.

I gave you the Cardinals last week as part of a desperation play (granted it was at home) but I think the same holds true for the Redskins.

Also the Cowboys know that they have to come right back at it on Thanksgiving. They could be a little flat coming off their winning streak and dominance against NFC East opponents...as well as the Redskins throwing clunkers against the Jets (in a win) and against the Eagles (in a loss).

Redskins give up PASSING 218.3 yards per game. they seemed to generate a decent pass rush against the Eagles.

Of the touchdowns one was a fluke to Brown, one was a screen pass solely based on Westbrooks incredible vision and speed and timing, one was based on really good field position and a questionable penalty, and the other the defense laid down so that the offense could get the ball back in a one possession game.

I still think the Patriots offense is far better than the Cowboys offense (personally, from watching both teams go at each other) and outside of that game and the plays I diagnosed in the Eagles game the Redskins offense can keep teams under 24 points.

I think 10.5-11 is too much. I'm not expecting a Redskins win but I'm thinking its a touchdown game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to toot my own horn or anything but...

TOOT TOOT!

I nailed the Arizona-Detroit game ("This game deserves its own thread" thread) and then this.

Oh, and if I had to spill the beans for third straight hit the nail on the head winner I like the Lions a lot at +3.5 on Thanksgiving vs Favre and the Packers.