Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 05:31 AM

Default NFL Week 3 Picks Thread

I liked how that worked with group thread for College yesterday. Feel free everyone to post picks in this thread if you don't want to start your own.

My Picks are:
Texans +7.5 -135 to win 1u
Falcons +4.5 -115 to win 1u
Jets -3 -105 to win 0.5u
Packers +7 -120 to win 0.5u

If we were aloud to post links here I'd give a link to my more detailed reasoning, but let me just give a short version instead.

With 3 games I'm betting home dogs where where most of the squares I know like the home favorite.

quick cheat sheet:

Packers: This is a chargers team with all new coaches, giving them respect because of last years performance I think is a bit to much. This line is pretty insulting. I was watching around 2 hours ago when the board where lighting up all over the place and got a good line at +7 here at 5 Dimes . The the time the Jets and Packers line was going nuts moving every 2 minutes including under props, reduced and straight on both alternate lines. I landed on a lucky # here.

Texans: Colts seem to be in these close division games all the time. I know at -130 this needs to win 57.5%+ to make a profit. The fact its the Colts and this crosses the 7 in full when the consensus line is 6 I think there is plenty of room here.

Falcons: Most of this is a strict public fade but also I'm not sure about Carolina. They beat the Rams week 1 who seemed to be a team Sports Center etc. was given all this credit to preseason and really the Rams don't seem very good. Carolina then blew a lead last week at home. I'm not really buying into them being anything special this year yet. We'll see maybe they are but the big public lean is enough for me. Hopefully the better Harrington shows up for this game.

Jets: I've watched both Jets games in full a couple times. I actually though their offenses was looking great against the Pats but it was just that the Pats were absolutely light out on both sides of the ball that game. Last week they showed signs of life coming close to a big come back against the Ravens. Miami's defense might slow the Jets down some but I don't think their offense can keep up. All this + Miami always loses the Jets. I've got nothing but square thinking on this game, but I'm playing it anyways.

YTD NFL Record on 2+2 picks 0-0 +0.00u
YTD NFL Record on my blog 6-4 +4.12u

Next week I'll try to write a better forum post version. I'm super tired right now though.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 3 Picks Thread

Two picks for me today:
MIA+3
BAL-7.5
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Indi -5 -110
SF/Pitt o37.5 -110
NYJ -3 -110
Det +6.5 -110
Tenn +5 -110

More coming... Bills, GB, and ATL for sure, just waiting for line moves.

- C -
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 AM

YTD 8-7-0 (+0u)

HOUSTON +7 (-110) over Colts Even without Andre Johnson I think I like this game. Houston's D might suprise people.

JETS -3 (-105) over Dolphins I just cannot see the Jets starting out 0-3 and losing at home to the Dolphins who look awful.

CHEIFS -2.5 (-130) over Vikings Arrowhead is tough to play in, the QB situation for the Vikings is questionable.

PACKERS +7 (-130) over Chargers There is the possibility that the Chargers go in the tank this season. I think this will be a close game.

RAIDERS -3 (-102) over Browns The Raiders hung with the Broncos last week and almost beat them in Denver. The Browns might be overvalued because they played against a JV defense last week.

BRONCOS -3 (-110) over Jags Admral Ackbar gave me a call this week and said "its a trap!" the public is on Denver hard and the line has not moved much. But I cant see Denver losing to Jacksonville. The Jags are struggling.

FALCONS +4.5 (-115) over Panthers The public is on Carolina very hard and the line has not moved much. I dont like the Falcons but this game reminds me alot of how the line in the Bengals game was last week.

Its too many but I like them all.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 PM

1H Jets -1 -115 2U
1H Bengals -105 +2.5 2U
Cleveland -110 +3 1u
Philadelphia -110 -4.5

last week: 2-3 -1.2u
ytd: 3-5-0 -3.4u
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Bills +16.5 -110