Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

so two of my friends were doing their saturday night deal at Columbia University in NYC. The short of it is that this girl was visiting the school for the weekend and hooked up with friend A at a party. Later that night, she hooks up with friend B at a different party with no interaction until after the fact. Friend A and B are close friends with each other. They later all found out that she is friend A's cousin.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:42 AM

I was trying to think of something interesting, and I knew there was something, but I couldn't think of it.

I read one of the posts in this thread and it made me think about it.

I have 2 aunt's, different sides of the family, both married into the family, we all have the same birthday, June 15th.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Man, this is a pretty weird one.

My roomate and I watch movies just about every night. Well, we get this "movie" called The Secret the other night on On Demand.

Turns out it's not really a movie, but a testimonial of a bunch of people (don't care if they're real or fake) telling stories of how the power of positive thinking has brought them wealth or happiness. It's awful. So, we turned it off ten minutes in.

Another one of our poker buddies who went to college with my roomate came up to visit this week and stay for three days. We joked about The Secret because we saw an advertisement for it. Turns out our other friend had seen it that previous weekend too- he turned it off 10 minutes in as well, couldn't take it.

A mutual friend of all of ours that we know through poker turned 21 on Wednesday. He went to Borgata to play the 2500 event on his birthday. After Day 1, he had a good stack, and we talked to him online and said we were all channeling "the secret," not expecting him to have a clue what we were talking about. He said: "The secret, wtf?..."

Turns out his mom gave him an audio tape of The Secret, which he listened to on his drive to Borgata... which he turned off ten minutes down the road.

Here's a link to the thing I'm talking about, just so you're not all too confused. The Secret

Honestly, this is fken weird. Just very strange that we all turned it off, all watched it, when it's not really even a movie (best piece of advertising/trailor ever, btw). Had no interest in it and turned it off. Starkey was 100 miles south of us, and James was 1500 miles east.

Weird.

P.S. The Secret is the dumbest thing ever, please never watch it or pay any attention to it.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 AM

My sister has three kids. Their birthdays are:

9/2/92
9/4/94
9/7/97
Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My sister has three kids. Their birthdays are:

9/2/92
9/4/94
9/7/97

[/ QUOTE ]

She likes to start the New Year off with a bang?

edit:
If you're American.
If you're European and it's Date/Month/Year, then my joke makes no sense at all.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:18 PM

One of my ex gf's left me, and the next guy she dated has the same birthday I do. I'm sure I have better, but that's the most recent.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 AM

I used to work as a bartender in a catering hall. The owners were this couple, Neil and Phyliss. They had a daughter named Jessica. I plan a trip to new orleans and tell Phyliss that I can't work that week. She says don't worry about it, we're closed that week anyway, we have to visit colleges with Jessica.

Well about 3 days into my trip, on burbon street, drunk, watching some stupid girl flash for beads, who walks right in front of me but Neil, Phyliss, and Jessica. They were visiting Tulane that week.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:19 PM

A year to the day after a close relative was murdered (Soldier shot at home by terrorists) I found an assault rifle hidden inside some crates outside a factory.

I was 11 at the time and had been at the place with a few friends riding around on our bikes. I wanted to climb up on the crates for some reason and found a sports bag stashed half way up with an aK47 inside.

The police said at the time it had most likely been hidden there to be picked up and used in another attack against a local soldier later that night.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:18 PM

One of the weirder birthdays I had was at the University of Illinois when I turned 21.

My name is Neil, which isn't all that common in itself. When I invited a friend of mine out, she was like "Wow, my other friend Neil's birthday is that day as well.".

About an hour later, one of my friends shows up with his friend from out of town - also named Neil, and also his birthday.

We're bar crawling around that night, and at some point at the bar Brothers (if that even still exists), I hear a group of people toasting to some guy's birthday. You guessed it - his name was Neil. I even checked his ID to make sure people weren't [censored] with me.

So much for feeling unique that day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]