Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: smartphone software

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any alternatives to MSIE for the Q? MiniMo requires a stylus, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Opera Mobile has some stuff going for it. It will render some pages better than IE will, but in general all WAP browsers suck ass and it's not worth paying for one...

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been very pleased with whatever version of IE this is. Between the 3 view options I can almost always get a page into a very readable format. It does great on WAP specific sites.

On an unrelated note, I just installed EQO (http://eqo.com). It's got some pretty awesome IM functionality. It's kind of a novelty for now, but who knows, it might come in handy some time.

Anyone with a blackjack should upgrade their JVM here: http://www.j-host.net/blackjack/

You can ignore the stuff about gmail and google maps if you want. The tahoma thing screwed up all my fonts, so I wouldnt do that. The new JVM is awesome though. you stop getting messages every two seconds asking you to allow http connections for java apps.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:10 AM

I think my browser on the Q is great. The only site that gives me trouble is ESPN.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my browser on the Q is great. The only site that gives me trouble is ESPN.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try mobileapp.espn.go.com. That's the page that Cingular's default sports bookmark uses.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Try mobileapp.espn.go.com. That's the page that Cingular's default sports bookmark uses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip. I usually just use MLB.com cause they have a specfic WAP page that is real user friendly.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip. I usually just use MLB.com cause they have a specfic WAP page that is real user friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, wap.mlb.com is awesome. More sites *cough cough* need to set up mobile specific versions.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:21 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to get 2p2 to be wap friendly? Generally when I view on a mobile device the forum list on the left takes up the first half of the page, having to scroll all the way past it to find the content.