Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Only two years left to win the war in Iraq, here is how.

Government is way to incompetant to follow threw with such a fantastic plan.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My solution is both simple and elegant. Reinstitute the draft, yes you heard me right, begin drafting Americans (and anyone leaglly residing in the USA). Draft very selectively, this idea will give new meaning to the Selective Service Commision.

Select only people between the ages of 18 to 35, they must be from well-off families (I'll let others refine the definition of well-off), and they must have Liberal tendencies. If their political tendancies cannot be verified being registered as a Democrat will suffice. To avoid any loopholes with the last point anyone changing their party afilliation away from being a registered Democrat automatically is drafted for an additional six years plus the three I am suggesting.

How would this end the war in Iraq? The Democrats now in power would rather sleep on cotton sheets than have their poor little Liberal brethern killed by terrorists. They would authorize and even encourage the President to drop A Bombs on Iraq and Iran. This should bring the other Middle Eastern nations in line and allow them to hunt down and kill any and all terrorists on thier soil. Regrettably we may also be forced to bomb France into oblivion as well but some sacrifices must be made by all for our saftey and peace of mind.

Any additional sugggestions? Personally I think this idea has a 99% chance of being successful not to mention the byproduct of raising the percentage of registered Republican voters. It is a win-win situation.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Rangel?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As commander in chief Bush has all the authority he needs to nuke anyone he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind citing the source of that authority?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the War Powers Act.

Edit: Also, the U.S. Constitution.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 PM

Like Iron, I also support this plan. I support this plan because it would be the easiest impeachment of a sitting president ever.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like Iron, I also support this plan. I support this plan because it would be the easiest impeachment of a sitting president ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this right, Congress requests the President drop the A bomb and then they begin impeachment proceddings? No wonder I don't understand the Dems, sounds like a Kerry flip-Flop in action to me. However I thank you for your endorsement.

Jimbo
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM

It's certainly more of a plan, with more thought put into it, than the president has.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's certainly more of a plan, with more thought put into it, than the president has.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Select only people between the ages of 18 to 35, they must be from well-off families (I'll let others refine the definition of well-off), and they must have Liberal tendencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your plan will work only if the Conservatives from well-off families who are currently clogging enlistment offices are not denied their place in the military.

Let's crunch some numbers:

Americans: > 300,000,000;
American conservatives: > 150,000,000;
American conservatives between 18 and 35: >50,000,000.

Think about it. That's more than fifty million conservatives who will riot if their chance to enlist is taken from them.

As an aside, I tried to mail a package at the post office yesterday. The PO had been ineptly located next to a recruiting station. We all know the story: the recruiting office was surrounded by a mob of young conservatives demanding to be allowed into uniform. I couldn't get near the place.