Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Do you write your thoughts down?

Today i reached a point where i imploded. I have been feeling the last two days the sensation of wanting to cry, but the tears have not come.
I have piled up a lot of things. Things that were not up to me to solve, but had great impact on me nonetheless. Things that go back a long time. Things that i accepted, for others, that i would not accept for myself. Things that greatly divided me.
And today came the outburst.
My mind has been murky for a while now. It has not been clear and alive. I have not been truly happy for a long time. I have felt great uncertainty about myself, where i am, who i am, where i am going.
So i decided to write, everything, just write. And i wrote for 3 hours nonstop. I am not done, merely started.
It feels great, to see my thoughts on the screen.
To understand, to see more clearly.
I am curious, how many of you write your thoughts and feelings. How many of you do this often? How many have like myself done this one time?
What have you gained from it?
I am not sure why i feel such a great satisfaction from this.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Do you write your thoughts down?

I don't know if this adds anything or not, but here I go.

I can empaphise with most of the things you say, but I fear putting it in writing above all else, because if someone else saw it I would be forced to talk about it with them.

That is all.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:56 AM

I write my thoughts frequently. I can't hold to a journaling schedule, but the urge strikes often. Sometimes I don't bother, but sometimes I do go ahead and write.

I don't experience the catharsis you do, probably because I write often so nothing "builds up" in me. Some of my writing seems brilliant, most of it is crap.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:22 PM

I only write thoughts down when I'm so high I think I may forget later on, and only if they're important.

More often than not though, I just talk about 'em with someone else, and that seems to be enough for me to remember them and be able to analyze them with ease.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM

I write, but only fiction. Writing non-fiction...eeew. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Yes, I carry a small pad and pen to record occational non-predictable moments of insight or potentially important questions. I've had important thoughts occur, for example, during long stretches of boredom at the limit poker table.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM

I too write when feeling similar to the manner you describe, what has been interesting, and worth the effort is reviewing these months and years later...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too write when feeling similar to the manner you describe, what has been interesting, and worth the effort is reviewing these months and years later...

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet. Have you become wiser or the opposite? Any shockers?