Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Default PT Results when one hold card is an Ace

So I've been playing some $50NL on Full Tilt, down 1.08 PTBB/100 over 7k hands. I realize this isn't a lot of hands, but there is one thing about my PT stats I find quite disturbing.

In hands where at least one of my hole cards is an Ace (including AA), I've lost 0.13BB/hand (total of 1,074 hands). This seems pretty terrible, and I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas of ways to analyze these hands, filters to apply, etc? My7 losses with AKs, AKo, AQs and AQo are particularly bad (down 1 BB/hand).

Again, I know 1,074 hands isn't a lot, but imagine having a session of poker where you play 1k hands, each with at least one Ace in it, and still lose for the session. Seems really, really unlikely.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: PT Results when one hold card is an Ace

dude dont post these threads, post hands in question
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 PM

You need to be folding A-rag from most positions which by the sounds of it you are not doing. Also you need to play AQ/AK more aggressively. You might also be betting with AA incorrectly in certain situations, but without specific examples we can't help you.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 PM

i don't think you need to post specific situations because specific situations aren't long term.

do you think you might be limping or raising Axo a little too much from early position?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think you need to post specific situations because specific situations aren't long term.

do you think you might be limping or raising Axo a little too much from early position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll always raise Ax from the CO or BB if it's limped around (my PF raise % is 13). From UTG I'll raise AJ+ and fold all others, from MP I'll raise A9+.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:25 AM

I wouldn't be raising weak aces out of the BB. The hands are too difficult to play out of position. I would break this down by position and the type of hand. Look for big losses with these hands and small wins.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:30 AM

It could be the fact that a few major pots that you were involved in and lost with had hands that included at least one ace in them to skew your results, since the sample size seems to be pretty small, 50 or so big losses with AxXx hands can really screw you over.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:41 AM

it looks like you overplay your aces.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 AM

What are you doing with hands like AJo and A10s from late position when someone before you open raises, and what about the blinds? I think a lot of people miss play those hands as well as Ax suited. Too often I see people calling every time with those hands regardless or position or opponent.

Either way it's a tiny sample size and 1 or 2 large pots could skew the results so I wouldn't read too mush into it yet.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Yeah exactly in the blinds I rarely call an early position open raise wiht a9o and down.
Closed Thread