Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: ATrebek\'s Log

Another week gone by and things are still going well.

Been lifting three times per week. I dropped down on my squat weight after video taping myself and noticing that my back was bending forward some at 235. Dropped back to 215 for now and plan to work up 5lbs at a time. I put 265 on the bar for the deadlift last night and nailed it rather easily, so i will probably go up another 10 lbs.

I'm already pretty strong so I'm wondering if something other than 5x5 or starting strength is in order..?

Eating is going well. Averaging right around 2,000 - 2,200 calories a day still. I am never hungry except sometimes right before I go to sleep. Basically if i get hungry, I eat - that approach has seemed to work.

Still taking the ECA stack daily x 2 but am no longer noticing any effect. According to what I've read it's pretty standard for the noticeable effects to wane quickly, but the desired thermogenic effect continues. I plan to finish a 30 day cycle and then quit. Maybe pick it back up when my BF% gets much much lower.

Speaking of BF%, I ordered a cheap caliper but it hasn't arrived yet. We have one of those scales that supposedly measures bf%, and it consistently tells me between 23 & 25 %, but I've also read that their accuracy is pretty suspect. Assuming that I am actually 25% bf, that means I have ~62 Lbs of fat and need to lose 37 more pounds of fat (without losing any lean body mass) to get to 10% BF. 37 more pounds from here 210 which was 10 under my original goal (220). Oh well, I'm still shooting for 220 - once I get there I will reassess.

All in all I think things are going pretty swimmingly. I am pretty excited about getting in shape after looking at some of the mind blowing transformations on bb.com. Some of those folks went from morbidly obese to incredible looking. If they can do it there is no reason in the world I can't. I have the will power to accomplish anything I want to, and I want this. That is all for now.

9/08 - 246.0
9/09 - 249.5
9/10 - 247.5
9/11 - 246.5
9/12 - 245.0
9/13 - 244.5
9/14 - 247.5
Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: ATrebek\'s Log

I also made this chart, which entertains me.