Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM

Default How can I explain to ppl that online sites are not rigged?

Ok, this discussion comes up over and over. A couple of friends think that sites are rigged due to bad beats and unbelievable scenarios etc.
I have many arguments to put to them such as, if sites are rigged how do you get an online pro?, or if there was anything underhand going on surely it would be at the higher stakes not the 10/20c tables we play.
The main argument I would use is, do you honestly think a site would risk its whole business and integrity when they are making $$$$$$ anyway.
I read some controversial reports about something going on at Absolute site which did not help my argument.
The last straw was last night when one friend holding KK pushed on a flop of K 5 2 to be called by AK and AA came on last two cards. That completely convinced him.
He will often say `I dont think its rigged as such, but there is definitely a twist in the software`.
I will reply `even the slightest twist will mean it is 100% rigged, there is no grey area. Its either rigged or it isnt, and it isnt`.

Can some ppl give me a couple more good arguments to put across to these ppl, and what did happen at absolute.

Thanks