Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 PM

Default I hear Razz is what they play in Hell

Standard? Seems like I still have a value bet on the river given the pot size. Other streets ok?

HORSE Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (12.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (7.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (13.50 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (19.50 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (23.50 BB)
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I hear Razz is what they play in Hell

3rd seems fine, 4th seems fine. You've got good cards, but so does everybody else, so no need to fold or raise.

I'm not too sure about your 5th street raise (you're about 50/50 to him if he's got 5432, 543A, or 542A, which it looks like he does, http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/s...amp;h4=&h5= ).

The 6th street raise is nice. You've got a very solid edge on him at this point ( http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/s...amp;h4=&h5= ).

river, yea you've got a valuebet since so so many of the good cards he needs are already dead, and theres only a 20% chance he improved to beat your 7. and i guess you can't fold to a raise in a pot that big, even though your hand is kinda obvious.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Given his raising on 5th and 6th, he almost definitely has a wheel draw.

Looks like he is going to call you if he catches an 8 and he might be dumb enough to call with his smooth 9 (despite your board and your raises). He is raising if he catches a wheel, a 6, or a maybe a 7.

Assuming he won't pay you off with a 9 there are 2 8s left that he can catch to pay you off with. There are 3 7s that he may raise or just call with (he might be afraid of you having a 6, but he knows that the best you could have on 6th was a 76, so I'm guessing he will raise). There are 2 6s, 3 As, 3 3s, and 1 2; so assuming he already has a 2 and he is looking for either the As or 3s there are 5 cards that he will definitely raise you with.

If you knew the guy wouldn't bluff raise on the end, betting would be optimal, but the problem is that given his stupid raise on 6th, he is surely dumb enough to try a desperation bluff raise on the river, so you would have to pay him off. Since he is drawing to 8 outs (most of which he can raise with), I'd probably lean towards check calling (unless you knew he would ALWAYS call with a 9). Heck, you might even induce a bluff if you check.

Carlos
Old 06-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Your a huge favorite on 3rd street, you have to re-raise. Even if the origional raiser has A23 you have close to 43% equity vs the two opponents - the raise is for value and to shut out the field. Your blocking all of their needed outs, its a super starting starting hand.