Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: squeeze gone bad? 200nl

generally, when 100BB's deep, when guys bluff in 3bet pots they shove. they dont put in half their stack planning to fold. especailly on a super dry board.

folding this flop is super standard
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM

I didnt put him on a hand to be honest. I remember thinking: "bs - this guy doesnt have a big pair - he would of rr with the sb in the hand (who was very loose) - plus I'm getting almost 2 to 1 with $200 already in the pot" - I then shoved.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

What about bigger Tens?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

c-bet is fine - you'll fold out most of the overcards that would have called the preflop 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me why this is good.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about bigger Tens?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes could have had bigger tens. the mistake I made was putting him on hands "he couldnt have" instead of what he could have. "he couldnt have AA,KK, he couldnt have QT, etc".
Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

c-bet is fine - you'll fold out most of the overcards that would have called the preflop 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a vulnerable top pair-no kicker in a 3-bet pot that you wouldn't mind taking down now.

- You check the flop, he checks behind, and an A/K/Q/J hits the turn - now what?

- You check the flop, so he puts you on a big Ace that missed and fires a PSB with his medium PP - do you call with your TPNK?

If you occasionally check (with the intention of check-raising) your monster hands in this situation (OOP in a 3-bet pot), then I could see checking here. Personally, I usually c-bet here, but I'm open to arguments for different lines - I'm not trying to say that a c-bet is always the best play.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 PM

op, all the replies here are useless (the ones about calling the push anyway). No offense to any of them obv, I haven't even read them. However, we need a lot more info to answer this correctly.

in a vacuum i'd say fold.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a vulnerable top pair-no kicker in a 3-bet pot that you wouldn't mind taking down now.

- You check the flop, he checks behind, and an A/K/Q/J hits the turn - now what?

- You check the flop, so he puts you on a big Ace that missed and fires a PSB with his medium PP - do you call with your TPNK?

If you occasionally check (with the intention of check-raising) your monster hands in this situation (OOP in a 3-bet pot), then I could see checking here. Personally, I usually c-bet here, but I'm open to arguments for different lines - I'm not trying to say that a c-bet is always the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making the age-old and somewhat tired argument that playing a hand the EASIEST way is the same as playing a hand the most PROFITABLE way.

And the answers to all your questions are, it depends.

But if I bet the flop here, it's probably because I assume that his calling/raising range is pretty damn wide. It's not to fold out overcards.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they have ~27% equity against you
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making the age-old and somewhat tired argument that playing a hand the EASIEST way is the same as playing a hand the most PROFITABLE way.

And the answers to all your questions are, it depends.

But if I bet the flop here, it's probably because I assume that his calling/raising range is pretty damn wide. It's not to fold out overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bilbo,

Using this logic for betting flop, it would seem that folding to his raise is a mistake then no?