Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:48 PM

Default AQos 6th position

Live 2/4 limit full ring game. UTG is loose but not crazy.. frequent shows down ace rag. raises to 4. Few folds and its on me.

Should I be reraising or folding here? I seem to remember reading that cold calling this kind of hand is a bad idea.

This was the last hand I played before I left and its sticking out in my head.

Rest of the hand in white

<font color="white"> I call as do two others. Board is a 2 J 2 rainbow. UTG bets 2, I fold Button calls. Turn is a 5. UTG bets 4 Button raises. River is an ace. Bet, bet Button shows pocket 5s UTG mucks</font>
Old 10-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: AQos 6th position

this is 100% dependent on the range of hands UTG can hold when he opens. have you seen him raise AJo, KQo, ATs, or worse UTG? 3-bet. no? fold.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:53 PM

i have seen ace anything raised.. showdowns are usually winning hands but nothing fantastic. In 5 hours of play I was never once wowwed by what i saw her win with. But based on what youre saying i should have raised.. hindsight im glad i got out when i did due to the boat but thats purely situational
Old 10-21-2007, 08:36 AM

i would 3bet. get it HU and you can often commit to showdown, even UI. this is primarily true of the online games. i would imagine alot of opponents in a live 2/4 game wouldn't be the type that would making automatically shwoing down Ahigh UI a solid play.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM

I generally three bet this for two reasons. First, these players will show up with all kinds of weird stuff even when they raise; on average you'll have equity. Second, it makes the hand easier to play postflop and gives us some fold equity.