Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Hevad Kahn

My impression of Khan is that he is probably a pretty funny and entertaining guy to be around. He does act like a douche on TV. I would not say he acts like a jerk, however.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he handled a situation with class - when the guy did the "reeling in the fish" motion to him. I probably would have flipped there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kahn definitely handled this better than I would have. I probably would have been a complete dick about it and:

A) made some reference about the size of our chip stacks (in other words, SCOREBOARD)
B) made a completely inappropriate comment about the jackass fisherman being deaf/dumb/retarded

Khan applauded the guy for his play and even laughed at the fisherman shtick. Classy move.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Yes, because obviously Hevad handles himself with such a high level of decorum and class. The reeling in the fish motion was completely uncalled for. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to make that motion when up to that point Hevad been the epitome of sportsmanlike behavior.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:42 PM

He got himself noticed. Now he can backtrack and be cool and live the life of a minor poker celeb.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because obviously Hevad handles himself with such a high level of decorum and class. The reeling in the fish motion was completely uncalled for. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to make that motion when up to that point Hevad been the epitome of sportsmanlike behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the poker world doesn't devolve into people trying to retaliate against each other by acting like douchebags.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tufat, who cares how he is in real life? His TV persona is absurd and annoying. If I was at the table with him, I woulda been like hey [censored] shut the [censored] up before I make you, this is poker not the special olympics, now shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't I have? Lets see what assumptions you'll come up with, the first one probably being that I'm a skinny nerd just talking e-trash, right?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:07 PM

I would have said: "Be normal when you win a pot. Be normal next time, ok? Just be normal."
Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM

The thing is, you would have heard about him before you sat with him MOST LIKELY, if I was one of the first people I woulda just said "calm down" but if it was like day 3 and I heard about him and heard him across the room and then sat with him I woulda been like dude just shut the [censored] up you're so annoying.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have said: "Be normal when you win a pot. Be normal next time, ok? Just be normal."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 09-30-2007, 01:03 AM

I sorta like the guy.