Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: John from Cincy Thread

I just watched the first 4 episodes and all I can say is I'm not impressed. They are obviously using the same writers as Tombstone with the funky and unnecessarily vulgar dialogue. They could have just kept Tombstone going (which I really enjoyed especially the later episodes) for all the Tombstone actors they are using. I usually enjoy a good sci-fi paranormal movie/ series but this one has really hit the snoozometer. The only enjoyable players on the show are Ed O'neill, Luis Guzman and Willie Garson. I'm not really sure who or what some of the other characters are supposed to be or are supposed to develop into. At the rate they are [censored] around developing the characters they are going to get cancelled just about the time the fans are starting to know their intricacies. I'll give it 2 more episodes and then I'm done. [censored] the producers of all the HBO series. The only one that was any good was The Sopranos. They [censored] the fans of Tombstone for this [censored] and thought they were throwing the fans a bone by actually producing a conclusion to Rome, where they obviously cut the season short and skipped a few episodes to make the series finale.

Cliffs notes: Ed O'Neill and Luis Guzman good. Story/Plot: slow character and story development, slightly interesting.
Directing: Poor
Dialogue: [censored]
Old 07-04-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched the first 4 episodes and all I can say is I'm not impressed. They are obviously using the same writers as Tombstone with the funky and unnecessarily vulgar dialogue. They could have just kept Tombstone going (which I really enjoyed especially the later episodes) for all the Tombstone actors they are using.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just watched the first 4 episodes and all I can say is I'm not impressed. They are obviously using the same writers as Tombstone with the funky and unnecessarily vulgar dialogue. They could have just kept Tombstone going (which I really enjoyed especially the later episodes) for all the Tombstone actors they are using.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I think he meant Deadwood.

I have no earthly idea where this show is leading. However, I just bought myself a mess of Mushrooms,LSD and some heroin. Hopefully, by taking all of those at the same time it will help me figure this thing out.

BTW, The Ed O'neil and Dayton Callie (Bill and Freddie) part at the end stole the episode. It was definitely reminiscent of Deadwood. Someone posted that dialogue, I was lauging LOL'ing when I watched it. Hopefully they will have those two together more often.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:27 PM

yeah, I meant Deadwood.

LOL
Old 07-04-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed O'neil and Dayton Callie (Bill and Freddie)

[/ QUOTE ]

These two guys are friends in real life. Milch met Callie while Callie was hanging around the set of a detective show Milch and O'Neill were making called "Big Apple".
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 PM

"Kai's acting in particular is extremely terrible. An autistic mute could do a better job than she does. I really hate watching any scene that she is in because all I do is watch how bad she acts. And shaun is pretty terrible as well, but I have a feeling that might be because of the director."

this is exactly how little surf kids and some surfer/hawaii girls behave, so...?

and in regards to shaun, i mean, EXACTLY. he nails it, 100%.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Bundy is awesome. He needs his own series.

Most of the cast is terrible.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:06 AM

not sure if it was the mess of Vicodin I took but the 4th episode was the deciding factor to continue watching. It took me a while but I really love the show. The story is starting to make the bad acting bearable.

I am also surprised that no one else mentioned the stabbing in the side - when John was laying on the ground my first thought was Jesus...

Luke Perry's character keeps seeming darker and darker - is he John's opposite? And what is it with the pretty blondes driving around in convertibles?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:30 AM

I don't think it makes much sense that John is the Jesus figure in this show. He doesn't really say anything meaningful, and doesn't have followers. I think it's more likely that he is a messenger or a demon or something. It's more likely that Shaun is suppose to be Jesus. Or maybe even Mitch?

Also, Monad could be a near anagram for daemon which wiki defines as "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes." Or more fitting, "a malignant spirit that can seduce, afflict, or possess humans." The stuff he was mumbling about in episode one where the motel owner is waving the gun around makes it appear that John might not be so good either.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 AM

Its so hard to comment on the acting.

The "surfers" tend to act like idiots who barely move or speak like humans, but if you've ever been to Southern California, its not far off most the locals you will meet.