Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

82 from the blacks in 25 mph NE winds. Missed 3 5 foot birdie putts on the first 3 holes. Shoulda quit there.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:43 PM

ghost,

Your game seems to be pretty high variance. Do you think you play too aggressive sometimes? Or do you just not have your "sea legs" under you this year. Just curious.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM

Ha yeah, I'll shoot 70-85 for the next few weeks depending on tees, mood, etc. I'm retooling my swing and my short game is crap so it will slowly improve. Hopefully I can play enough to bring up, or down, the 5 handicap I have in the computer at my home course.

In July I'll be shooting 68-75 regularly.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 PM

86, which I'm happy with because I was SO solid with my mid-long irons, and I don't think I've ever had a better day with my driver. Problem was the short game, putting specifically. I managed to three putt five times on the front nine, which makes a 45 sound good. Fixed it on the back, though (I have a belly putter, and was subconsciously moving my body), and didn't have a single three putt, shooting 41 with two water balls. Even those were acceptable, as they came off of horrible kicks on real solid drives. If I can get my game from 100 yards in going, things might not be so bad this summer.

Oh, and I know people said that they'd need a video of me at the range, or actually hitting a ball, before any proper advice could be given, but I think the advice I did get really helped. I stopped swaying (I actually think that might have been a weird fluke), adjusted my grip, and worked quite a bit on balance and tempo. Seriously, can't remember the last time I felt so confident with my irons.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Really. Got in two holes (+2) before thunderstorms popped up.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Played for the first time this year today. Shot a wonderful 50 over 9 holes. The highlight was sculling my first bunker shot into the woods to take an 8 on the par 4 3rd hole. I went to the range the day before and thought I had figured out my driver but I kept hooking everything badly.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:11 PM

Played 9 holes after work...shot a 37. Two bogies, one birdie, no missed greens. Just got a new putter so I wasn't putting consistently.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:26 PM

I shot a 47 over 18 holes today at TPC Sawgress...see I do research all day at NC State so the only time i can get to the links is on Tiger Woods [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Brag: Shot an 82 with 6 three putts and one 50 foot snake for an insane par save.

Beat:my umbrella broke, rained for 11 out of the 18 holes and crazy wind all day.

Variance:lost $10 because the guy I was playing was playing out of his mind. I normally give him 2 a side (he usually shoots mid 90s) and he shot an 83. Good luck on him getting that spot next time.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Brag: Won $4 playing $.50 skins.

Beat: Second time I've played in the last 6 months, put up two 8s and a 10 to shoot a 93.

Variance: Here's how you make a par. 110 yard par 3. Hit SW tee shot super thin screaming 30 yards past the green. Have ball land on the downslope of the next tee box. Take 60 degree wedge, hit flop shot off a downhill lie onto green 20 ft. from pin. Drain putt for par to win skins. lol