Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Hacked on Ultimate Bet ( Long Story)

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to discus my recent issues/problems that I've been having with Ultimate Bet in hopes that someone from their site reads this and is willing to help me. First off, I am currently an admin at Cardrunners.com and have brought this issue over to 2p2 from advice from peers. I've been playing on Ultimate Bet for roughly 2 months now after trying to switch up sites for a change of pace. I've heard that the games here at Ultimate Bet have been extremely good lately, and I wanted to have my shot.
I'm a micro limit 50nl player currently so I've never played too high, as I'm working on rebuilding a roll on UB. Over about a 2 week period, I managed to work up a $100 deposit to test out UB up to over $1,000, I continued to grind 25nl and 50nl and was loving what I was seeing with Ultimate Bet. All emails I sent them were responded to quickly and effectively and I was ignoring all the horror stories that I had previously heard regarding UB. About 2 weeks ago, I finished up a session where my finishing roll should have been around $1,100. UB takes forever to fresh, but I was 100% positive that it should have been -+ only a few dolars within this figure. I had PokerTracker running, and understand that it does not pick up all hands played. However, I was keeping track of how much money I had on each table, and my figures were correct. I had to leave so I logged out figuring my funds would update shortly after. I logged in a few hours later and was in shock to discover my account was short roughly $300.00. I quickly emailed UB, and was eagerly awaiting a reply. I felt no pressure and thought that maybe something wasn't refreshed or figured it was something minor that could be taken care of easily. I proceeded to play and ran well at 50nl that night and made back virtually all my losses. Before nights end, I logged in to play 1 table of 50nl with another Cardrunners.com admin "Zimba" before bed just to have some fun. The game lasted all but 20 minutes and I won a few dollars. I logged out and to bed I went.
To my surprise, I woke up the very next morning, only to log in and see my cashier say $149.98. I began to panic. I sent a few emails to UB regarding this issue. I instantly changed my passwords did not play for a few days until everything was cleared up. I received a total of 1 email from UB. It was from the very first time I emailed them regarding this first $300 missing. The email was only a few sentences and basically said " We are unhackable, here is your account activity". I emailed them a few times since then explaining that I did not play some of the games listed in the account activity. They ignored all emails since then till this day. A friend of mine said that he noticed my account late that night playing 400nl against Cardrunners Guest Pro "Sage Francis" on UB. I got in contact with Sage, and he did admit that he played someone on my account, for only a few minutes as they were wild and lost $400 in only a few minutes. Sigh, waiting for UB's response, but negative.
I ensured that everything was changed (passwords, etc) and I began playing a few days later hoping that UB was just slow in responding. I slowly rebuilt the $150 back up through continuous grinding. As of yesterday, I had working it up to $1,250. I made a transfer to my friend last night to stake him for the $38 bounty, 7.5k guart. on UB. He ended up winning this, and thus transferring me $800 of the winnings as agreed upon. My account was now back up to $1, 900. I logged into my email account in the morning and received an email from Ultimate Bet stating my "Password Hint" was read "Unhackable" as I had made it. I thought nothing of this and figured I misclicked it while in my cashier. I logged in this morning to UB to play and after a few long hours , donks got the best of me. I logged out with my cashier at $1,765.
I get a IM from a friend asking why I'm playing $5/10nl and sitting at a few other higher tables, I didn't receive this message immediately as I was out to eat, but soon as I returned, I tried logging in and got the infamous "Invalid Password" screen. I had my buddy Stinger (LucLongley) try to log in, and he had no luck either. I scrambled for roughly an hour trying to find a UB contact number and emailed them several times telling them to freeze my account as someone other than myself was playing on it. I explained the situation and left my phone number for them to contact me. I attempt to log into my email to see if I received any mail, and to my surprise, my Gmail account has had it's password changed as well. Hmmmm.
I quickly head over to my school's email account where I have my Yahoo and Gmail mail forwarded to and notice that there is a response from UB. Here is the response that I receive :

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for contacting us.

After reviewing your account information, we found that your Trob20 account is inactive since 2006-OCT-03.

The only dollar transaction made since is by our Promotional Department credited a reactivation promo, than debited the $10 because you have not use it in time.

According to our records, you have your full chat privileges. Please double-check in the Options/Chat options from the main window of the game if your chat is turned on.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with, and it sure will be our pleasure.

Best regards,

Thomas
Ultimate Bet ~ Customer Support
'The Ultimate Poker Experience'
Support@UltimateBet.Com

Ensure the security of your account! Never give out your password and change it frequently!

Odd?

I've played this account last night and this morning so how it is inactive since 2003? I have several 2p2 members who have seen me playing 50nl there the last few days. I continued to search through my mail for any other information and noticed a email from PokerXFactor stating it's a receipt for my transaction. The only way someone could gain this information is through my personal email. I have emailed Scott (Mindwise) at PXF and told him to freeze that account as well. It also appears that this person has requested to reinstate my chat so that they could possibly try to scam a few other members. I am uncertain as to what to do regarding this issue, although Gmail has already responded on the issue while UB is no where to be found. I've talked with Taylor Caby regarding this and hopefully he has a few more contacts at UB than I do that can help.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Hacked on Ultimate Bet ( Long Story)

Sounds an awful lot like a keylogger on your machine - especially if your e-mail accounts are getting hacked as well.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:27 AM

Fwiw, 2006-OCT-03 = 3rd October 2006
Old 08-18-2007, 07:07 AM

http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 PM

I would suggest downloading and running SnoopFree Privacy Shield to see if it finds a keylogger. This program is now free and it takes up very few system resources. UB is notoriously slow with their support. Hopefully you've found one of the few people with the pull to cut through the quagmire.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:31 PM

I took my system to a computer shop early this morning to investigate my computer and look over it/ clear all info. Does anyone know how UB handles this? I'm having help from some top UB players, but ultimately I'd just like my funds returned, and to move off of UB. I no longer trust UB, though I'm still unaware of how they handle these issues so I won't make any bad comments yet.