Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: July. (#11 of 11.)

I'm definitely sad to see the 100% rakeback go, but I understand that you have to do what's best for your site. I'm excited about the inclusion of 3x/week 5k added tournies, but I do have a gripe about those: The blind structure in the first one was just ridiculous. You need to slow it down considerably to make it a skill game and not a turbo all-in fest. That's all I've got. I hope more people come to the site with your new advertising campaign.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:15 PM

Here is what I was going to pm you but your box is full.

Hello, while I welcome the decrease in rakeback for increased advertising, do you think it is possible for a sliding scale for high rake players? Last week I paid 3900ish in rake, maybe at the 1500 level rb goes to 80% and at 3k it goes to 85% or something like that? I actively create games when I play as well as make sports bets to support the site. However, with the change in rake now playing in some of the tough 2 handed/3handed games will no longer really be worth the variance simply to create games. However I feel if something is done to keep the highest rake contributors (who would still contribute signifigantly more rake than others) game creation will still occur and it will motivate others to play more.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 PM

WSEX GM: Will you consider lowering the pre-rakeback rake/fees so that they're comparable with other sites like FT/PS?

For example:
-Heads up NL cash rake should be capped at $0.50, not $1
-Change $5+1 MTT to $5+0.50, $100+10 SNG to $100+9, etc.

I play Heads up cash, and with the new system, the rake burden is not much different from Full Tilt with their rakeback and other promotions.

I do appreciate the addition of the $5k added events, and I hope you'll do some even bigger ones from time to time. I agree that it would be nice to have a better structure in these (deeper starting stacks).
Old 07-02-2007, 02:22 PM

How about you guys use the money to better your software? I can't be the only one who was driven away by the weird double holecards thing. Just make your software look and function more like every other poker site and i'm sure it will increase your playerbase.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:31 PM

there are no double hole cards with mini view
Old 07-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Going from 100% to 75% RB is a little disappointing in the short term, but encouraging for the long-term low rake model. Better than WSEX saying, "well, 100% isn't cutting it, we're closing shop."

Use that 25% wisely and grow the site, WSEX.

FWIW the site has been getting 100% of my play for a couple months.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX GM: Will you consider lowering the pre-rakeback rake/fees so that they're comparable with other sites like FT/PS?

For example:
-Heads up NL cash rake should be capped at $0.50, not $1
-Change $5+1 MTT to $5+0.50, $100+10 SNG to $100+9, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. 75% RB is great, but with no HUD, higher rake, and tougher competition there are other sites out there that will be more profitable. Any chance that you will be allowing HUD anytime soon?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM

I cashed out all my money this morning. 75% is good, but i can't stand the software, and the games are tough. 100% was my only reason for being there.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:42 PM

After decreasing ur rakeback I feel you guys owe something more to the players now and u finally will need to take measures to fix the long term problems of the site people have complained about forever.

ie bots (which are definitely present), and the issue of people not being able to use PT/HUD which really only means the honest players are at a disadvantage while other players are being shady and getting an advantage (its a fact people datamine these games). I think ur best off now just opening up poker tracker on ur site to the masses to make sure noone is given an unfair advantage.

Ive played wsex for months now and raked approaching 50k in that time and stuck with the site despite obvious short comings solely due to 100% rb and never complained about the above or software becuz you as the GM owed the players nothing. now u kinda do.

aces never lose also seems like its set up oddly, u should be running it when people are less likely to play instead of during prime times like weekends and nights when people are there anyways no?

hopefully u guys can do something about the player pool and marketing will attract more players, otherwise the site hsa just become instantly less profitable for everyone. I personally am only going to leave a couple thousand just to see what happens while I wait for my cashout so I can move the rest of my BR somewhere else becuz wsex was already perhaps only a second best option due to the toughness of the games and the high rake structure made it super hard for almost anyone to beat the low limit games pre-rakeback and now for sure it is not the best option for many of us grinders since our profits are being cut by atleast 25% since most of us were break even or slight losers before rb.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Change $100+10 SNG to $100+9, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the blind structure is so fast on these SNGs that a turbo buyin scheme would probably be more appropriate: $33+3, $55+5, $110+9, etc.

As a general software request for SNGs, it would be nice if the blinds increased after 10 minutes instead of 10 hands. As it is, the later portions are more like "ultra-turbo". For example, let's say you're down to heads-up at 100-200, with the blinds increasing every 10 hands. You'll likely be at 400-800 within 5 minutes, if it isn't already over by then.
Closed Thread