Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Nat on holdem radio last night

[ QUOTE ]
think ill stick to sites like william hill. and ladbrokes from now on. european and regulated, since they are run by sports books companies. william hill even had £pound sterling tables... with the dollar in free fall think ill pass on depositing to stars or full tilt (bummer) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the one thing he did point out is that the sites he knows there are superuser accounts being used to rip us off are NOT at Stars or Full Tilt. He said it was sites smaller then these two. He then went on to "warn" the listeners that they should stick to these 2 sites for that reason. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Busted!
Can we ban OP now please?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM

I have no idea what this is about in particular, although I can say that during the investigation, I got a few very credible things forwarded about Planet Poker scamming a bunch of people with admin accounts. Of course, Planet went out of business last year and no one played there for five years before that, so I didn't bother to make that public.

I would also be very wary of some Prima/Microgaming skins, because there's 500 of them and a few have always been shady.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Busted!
Can we ban OP now please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Busted?
Ban me for what?
Maybe you should listen to the show before running your mouth, and then ban yourself. This is a very serious matter.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:00 PM

Can we listen to this anywhere?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this is about in particular, although I can say that during the investigation, I got a few very credible things forwarded about Planet Poker scamming a bunch of people with admin accounts. Of course, Planet went out of business last year and no one played there for five years before that, so I didn't bother to make that public.

I would also be very wary of some Prima/Microgaming skins, because there's 500 of them and a few have always been shady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Planet poker was the one with the busted RNG right? You wouldn't need an SU account in that case.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we listen to this anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just talked to the people at holdem radio and they were kind enough to immediatly upload the show to their site.

After listening to it again it didn't come off quite so bad, but he talks about how we are all at major risk playing on certain sites that he is "pretty confident" the desperate owners are cheating us players, not naming any sites by name, just saying stay away from smaller sites. While personally I would of liked to hear the names of these sites he is confident this theft is going on at, it sounded like just a general warning, and not a specific problem he is 100% sure that is going on at a specific site. I never play on the smaller sites anyways, but not for fear I'm being screwed over, but I guess this warning in general should be taken by all. He obviously knows something we don't.
Also wierd government regulation comments come in at about 23:00.
Take it for what it is I guess.

http://holdemradio.com/media/tt110707.mp3
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the interview he said he knows that superuser accounts have been used in the past at other siteS, but wouldnt give names. This gave me the impression that these sites are still around today, and not a site like Planet Poker, which hasn't dealt a hand in years. If he was talking about Planet Poker, he should have said these sites that he knows that had superusers are out of business today, because that's not the way I took it when I heard it. Why coverup a site that is gone? Comments come 17:45 into the interview.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Planet poker was the one with the busted RNG right? You wouldn't need an SU account in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. This was more than just that, but nobody even remembers/knows who the owners were, unfortunately. It doesn't really matter since I don't think their games ever extended past microstakes.

But yeah, I wouldn't play at a few of the smaller sites, either. I don't mean midsized places like Cake (I'm obv biased [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) but random sites with 300 people on them should probably be avoided on principle. The other issue is people playing at shady skins of reputable networks, like the lesser known Primas or wherever Futurebet is now...that's just dumb, since there's a non-zero chance you won't be paid.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:46 PM

Hmmm, It wont let me listen to it....says "done" but nothing happens.