Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

Not to mention all the different jurisdictions involved - just with the players, Canada, UK, US, etc.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 PM

BRENT BECKLEY
Director of Payments and Risk Management at Absolute Poker and alumnus from SAE frat in Montana from 1999. President of Sigma Alpha Epsilon's UM chapter. That player is Brent Beckley, another major player at AP. Brent Beckley worked for AP when a poster propped there. He was a part of support and security. Brent Beckley's last known city of residence is Miami, which is the location of one of the cheater accounts. He was a frat brother of Scott Tom in Montana. Brent plays as RUNNINONMT on UB. His email is brent@rivieraltd.com. Steamroller, a cheating account, is known to have played from Miami. Absolute Poker's recent press releases come out of Miami.

He lives Florida. His family lives in Florida. The thefts took place in Florida. I am from Florida.
Somehow I don't think jurisdiction is going to be a problem here.
While most of the cockroaches are running and hiding, some will get squashed.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM

When I cashed out of UB, I left them with some parting thoughts. They responded:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate and understand your concerns. UltimateBet and Absolute Poker offer different poker sites on different software platforms.

Absolute Poker recently reported a security breach that was reported to be the result of the unauthorized use of an internal software tool by an Absolute Poker consultant who was terminated. This internal software tool is not used by UltimateBet. We understand that Absolute Poker has corrected the breach, and is in the process of returning any lost funds to the affected players. These problems are therefore not related to UltimateBet, and UltimateBet has been in no way compromised by this incident.

Nonetheless, in light of Absolute Poker's unfortunate experience, UltimateBet is remains vigilant in improving security and controls to ensure that UltimateBet remains a safe and secure place to enjoy online gaming.

UltimateBet Management

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course my main issue is with the management itself, not the technology, but I don't expect that to make any difference to them.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 PM

I cannot believe I forgot this story. Quite interesting.

A couple years ago I used to run a card room. One of the regulars was a big winner on Absolute in the limit games. He also propped for them.

One day he comes in visibly upset. He starts telling everyone that for sure he got cheated, they could see his cards blah blah blah. Everyone told him he was stupid and to shut up. He kept saying this for about two weeks and then quit the site.

I will try and get a hold of this guy and see if he has any of the names of accounts he thought cheated him.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Looks like Seif is trying to use me to wag the dog. Pretty sad.

So let me get this straight...

Mark becomes the highly visible spokesman of a shady poker site, they get themselves into hot water, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark parroted the AP "official statements" of clear lies on his blog, rather than using that important space to call them out for their deceptions, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark offers to show the full hand histories of a questionable heads-up session, never produces them, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark, you are making a public spectacle of this whole thing. You might think that a frivolous lawsuit against me is the only way to clear your name. Instead, you will just drag all the details out in the public eye. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I can easily explain all of my actions. Can you?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM

srry for the indignation fox, ive just read most of these threads and didnt really see anything substantial about legal action, thanks for the insight though guys, stuff sounds interesting.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BRENT BECKLEY
Director of Payments and Risk Management at Absolute Poker and alumnus from SAE frat in Montana from 1999. President of Sigma Alpha Epsilon's UM chapter. That player is Brent Beckley, another major player at AP. Brent Beckley worked for AP when a poster propped there. He was a part of support and security. Brent Beckley's last known city of residence is Miami, which is the location of one of the cheater accounts. He was a frat brother of Scott Tom in Montana. Brent plays as RUNNINONMT on UB. His email is brent@rivieraltd.com. Steamroller, a cheating account, is known to have played from Miami. Absolute Poker's recent press releases come out of Miami.

He lives Florida. His family lives in Florida. The thefts took place in Florida. I am from Florida.
Somehow I don't think jurisdiction is going to be a problem here.
While most of the cockroaches are running and hiding, some will get squashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly did he cheat you, as opposed to the firm ap cheating you? If your Chevy blows up you can't sue their vice president. And if you were cheated out of money, and AP has repaid you - what damages do you have?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:07 PM

druff vs seif HU4rollz
Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Seif is trying to use me to wag the dog. Pretty sad.

So let me get this straight...

Mark becomes the highly visible spokesman of a shady poker site, they get themselves into hot water, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark parroted the AP "official statements" of clear lies on his blog, rather than using that important space to call them out for their deceptions, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark offers to show the full hand histories of a questionable heads-up session, never produces them, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark, you are making a public spectacle of this whole thing. You might think that a frivolous lawsuit against me is the only way to clear your name. Instead, you will just drag all the details out in the public eye. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I can easily explain all of my actions. Can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

m,

Your move. Raw Vegas?

Thanks,

Edit: ZMOG. Watched it 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM

i think ike spoke about his large losses shaking his confidence in being a good player, some could have even quit poker because of the cheats, are these perhaps examples of more damages?