Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Default NL25 AK RR and flop push?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $16.65
BB: $19.90
UTG: $18.25
UTG+1: $16.05
MP1: $23.30
MP2: $27.15
Hero (MP3): $31.25
CO: $21.20
BTN: $47.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.50</font>,

is this ok here? to push? 19/6/1 300
Old 09-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: NL25 AK RR and flop push?

I don't see the point of overbetting the flop, i would have bet 2/3 of the pot or a PSB see if you can take it right now or if you can catch something on the turn.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM

get ur pf up to ~$4.

i generally take this same line against shortstacks. cuz if ur betting ur calling anyway. and i dont like checking and folding to turn pressure
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM

I don't know why you are putting him all in here. The only hand that calls you beats you. You can certainly risk less of your stack to get a fold. I would say $6.50 would let you know where you are at. He either folds or calls. If he calls you can check if you don't hit your ak.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you are putting him all in here. The only hand that calls you beats you. You can certainly risk less of your stack to get a fold. I would say $6.50 would let you know where you are at. He either folds or calls. If he calls you can check if you don't hit your ak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet 6.50 then fold to a 6 dollar raise with undoubtedly live over cards? I'd rather check than do that. The shove is fine against that sized stack.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:44 AM

I would rather call preflop because his raising range from UTG+1 looks pretty tight to me (around JJ+,AK). With that in mind the flopshove is pretty terrible. JJ+ isn't going to fold, you fold TT (with which he probably wouldn't have raised preflop and AK. But for AK and TT to fold it is enough to bet 5... But if you bet 5 you are priced in if he shoves &gt;&gt;&gt; check behind and hope to get a K or A otherwise fold. I think I don't even mind a muck preflop he is probably not deep enough to make AKo profitable against his range I guess, would like to hear some other opinions about that...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM

I like a check on the flop or this bet. For one, if you bet 6.5 and then fold, that's a terrible idea. You drop $10.50 on a hand and then fold to 6 more with AK? I like a check because you see a turn, if he leads out for 4+ and you've missed the turn then you can fold easily. Use your position for that free card. I think It's ok to push the flop because it should narrow his calling range a lot. I would personally have checked the flop after him.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I don't even mind a muck preflop he is probably not deep enough to make AKo profitable against his range I guess, would like to hear some other opinions about that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the r/r is bad against a villain with this stack size and those stats, but I'm still seeing a flop here.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather call preflop because his raising range from UTG+1 looks pretty tight to me (around JJ+,AK). With that in mind the flopshove is pretty terrible. JJ+ isn't going to fold, you fold TT (with which he probably wouldn't have raised preflop and AK. But for AK and TT to fold it is enough to bet 5... But if you bet 5 you are priced in if he shoves &gt;&gt;&gt; check behind and hope to get a K or A otherwise fold. I think I don't even mind a muck preflop he is probably not deep enough to make AKo profitable against his range I guess, would like to hear some other opinions about that...

[/ QUOTE ]

but isnt calling bad implied odds. like if i hit underpairs probably wont pay, ill tie every so often. and if i dont hit i just fold and lose monies.

i think the RR pf is still in order, but possibly check flop c/f turn???