Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Inspired by Toss:My Las Vegas TR-WSOP last year

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK seriously, for the last two days, I wake up , log on my computer, and head right to this very thread -- only to find no updates.

Lame, dude. Very lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please....hurry...
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Fine fine later today it will be updated. I've been you know busy playing poker and such. I personally promise an update later tonight.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Sweet man, I am headed to Vegas this weekend, and your trip report gives plenty of ideas.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine fine later today it will be updated. I've been you know busy playing poker and such. I personally promise an update later tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better. Cause I got a whole lot of nothing to do at work tomorrow and your TR buys me at least 5 minutes.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great report.

I liked Superman.

An accurately labeled pictorial key of strippers, girlfriends, ex-girlfriend's. ex-girlfriend's sisters and cocktail waitresses of all extractions annotated with live myspace links would be a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you like about Superman? I just thought it was very formulistic and boring. I mean, literally nothing that happened really surprised me. I am a big Kevin Spacey fan, and I enjoyed his performance, but thats about it. As a comparison, I absolutely loved the latest Batman movie. Maybe I just expected too much out of Superman, but I would rate it as a "watch it if its on tv, but don't go out of your way to see it" type of movie. I don't see many movies in theatres and the ones I do see, I usually think are going to be excellent.

As for pics, Miami has instructed me not to post any pics of him or his girls without his consent. I do have some more pics of x-gf, x-gf's sister, and x-gf's sister's friend. However, I've never posted pics before....how do I do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

*chuckle*

I liked how it was in the Richard Donner style of the original movie which is one of my all time favorites. I thought the performances were decent and the visuals were fantastic. I admit the polt was a weak point but I felt it was a good starting point to renew the franchise.

Plus the music rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Superman was inside the hospital how come nobody recognized him as Clark Kent since he didn't have his superman attire on?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Who would possibly know Clark Kent?

2. That's more of a nitpick on the whole idea of Superman than the movie in particular, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah I'm totally nitpicking(especially in a superhero movie where you absolutely must be willing to suspend disbelief). I did think that Lois came and visited him though, right? Surely she would notice.

I was never a huge Superman fan(in fact the only other one I've seen is the second one), so perhaps thats why I didn't like it as much. In fact, in general I'm not as big on most superhero movies as most. I loved the first Batman and the latest Batman...other than those two I wouldn't give great praise to any other one that I can think of, although one may just be slipping my mind right now.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I would like to state that Toss's trip report was the nuts;

[/ QUOTE ]

link to toss trip report please?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-20-2007, 03:06 PM

I too am headed to Vegas tomorrow afternoon for the rest of the week and could use some serious ideas.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I would like to state that Toss's trip report was the nuts;

[/ QUOTE ]

link to toss trip report please?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 03-20-2007, 04:04 PM

this story seems pretty pathetic. Guy goes to strip club, blows thousands, girls show him attention, he thinks he has a girlfriend.

sounds like those girls were just into ya as long as the money kept flowing...next time hit up the clubs/bars, find girls for free, and have sex with them. much cheaper
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Lol at this quote. Crystal was def. my girlfriend. Secondly, if you can not relate to this poker/stripper/club lifestyle you must reevaluate your chance of ever becoming baller.
Closed Thread