Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

God STFU about the car already, who really gives a [censored]?

The show was awesome, I was praying phil was gonna have a go at matusow and he didn't dissapoint. not much mike could do there, tough spot.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM

"* Very surprised when Gabe said that Vegas cash games don't consider the forward motion as binding."

IIRC, the last time I visited Foxwoods all the tables had a white line around them. The intention of the line was quite clear to me - If it's your action and, because of something you do, one of your chips crosses that line then it's a binding call. Period. Want to play chicken and angle shoot? Go ahead. But if your hand has chips in it, and your hand crosses that line, then you called.

Simple, simple, simple. That table needed a white line. I'm actually surprised that the producers of the show wouldn't insist on having one on the table. It's got every OTHER damn thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Generally, top high stakes pros don't have such bad etiquette that a white ling like that is neccesary. I'd expect these angle shoots in low stake games, but in high stakes games, where your reputation/integrity is just as important as your poker skills, wouldn't expect it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 PM

lol Antonio

"wow... it's me and 7 white guys"
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Dont you think the reraise on the turn with quad kings was totally dumb?
A call is the only option here, since the other guy either has a very strong hand himself and bets again on the river or he`s on a bluff and might fire another bullet on the river. Since he knows that there`s only 30k left after that reraise there`s no way he repopops with a bluff and if he has a boat he`ll put it in on the river anyways so why rob yourself of the opportunity?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A call is the only option here, since the other guy either has a very strong hand himself and bets again on the river or he`s on a bluff and might fire another bullet on the river. Since he knows that there`s only 30k left after that reraise there`s no way he repopops with a bluff and if he has a boat he`ll put it in on the river anyways so why rob yourself of the opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandon seems like the type of guy who coming in was determined not to look like an idiot and "get run over" by the pros, and maybe pull off one huge bluff that made TV so he could brag to his friends. This type of player is probably so worried about quads getting checked thru on the river, and he prob feared he'd look like an idiot for not betting his quads, that he just had to bet or raise at some point, even if he was throwing away value.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toolbag didn't have position.. however he has the deck crippled and the only hand that pays him off his AA *MAYBE*. I think Salorio snap pays him off with AA (he doesn't strike me as a good player.) The thing is AA checks behind on the river most likely anyway.. but the turn MIN raise screams at least one K. So I think the best way to play it is the way you recommend, just check/calling all the way.

You could call the turn and value bet the river also.. make a smallish bet and hope the hyperaggro 72s donk goes allin.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:11 AM

I have to chime in here. I am a long time lurker and new poster. I dont usually have much to say but rather sit here learning and enjoying the posts and topics.

That being said...

Some very silly aspersions are being made about the now infamous "72 uberdonk bluff into KKKK"

Lets look at the facts...objective facts
1) The players on HSP are either well known pros or people with cash.
2) All of the players on the show have played in games where MUCH crazier stuff went on.
4) All of the players at the table are perfectly willing and able to take a 250k up or down swing at any particular time.
5) When you are already loaded with cash, the money is totally secondary and you are now playing to get off, gamble, get that rush. (you know they say the 2nd best feeling in the world is losing a big pot....and this is definately true when amongst people that almost laugh off 100k wins or losses)

Salorio happens to have balls of steel and ZERO respect for the almighty dollar! He is the player that gets off harder earning a 20k pot on a bluff or a move, rather than win a 30k pot with the best hand. I dont understand it and I hate it as much as most people. But the facts are that the "donk" Salorio actually does real well in the big games. Ask around the poker community (the B&M poker community and not just a bunch of wankers like you and me posting)then you will find that most people respect Salorio and his game.

I personally dont like the guy all that much myself, but I can tell ya the real deal on his play and his image in the big games on both coasts. He is no rookie.

And whether any of us want to admit it or not...if that dude had ANY hand other than KKKK he goes away after the 50k shell. And I wont even believe you if someone tells me that they aren't getting off AA with that board the way that hand went down.

And PS....10 minutes was an exaggeration....in real life it took about 7 or 8 REAL minutes. And YES the hollywooding that Brian pulled off with that delay descision got him 50k. lol
Old 08-29-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Matusow is perfect example that anyone, and I mean anyone can make it in poker. He is top notch idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

RU Serious? When MM is playing his A game he is easily one of the best players in the world. Unfortunetly he doesn't always do this. If I knew Mike was going to play his A game and not blow up, I'd stake him in any game.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Ok, about the car story. How hard is it to turn down that [censored]? Tell the guy to shut the [censored] up and give you the keys. I've never understood how people get talked into that crap when they don't want it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to stand there talking to the guy. If the guys being a prick, don't put up with it, and DON'T be a pussy and give in. Thats what encourages this crap (although turning around and damaging the car might cancel out the original cave-in).