Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Prs to be making me less broke? Financial Follies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey gang.

ASSETS:

Young (24), able-bodied. BA, University of Texas, 2004 - History. No criminal record, owns transportation, genius, probably the world's greatest casual conversationalist.

I'm headed to Atlanta next week to live with friends. I have no idea what I'll do when I get there. I just need money. Let the adviceflood begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be plenty of opportunities for work as a strip club DJ in Atlanta. Supposedly, you don't need to know how to run the equipment - you just need to get in good with management (could happen in a couple of days if you're as good a conversationalist as you claim).

[/ QUOTE ]

"John Keats wrote, 'A thing of beauty is a joy for ever', but I would refer you to the last two lines which read, 'Some shape of beauty moves away the pall from our dark spirits...'!

Gentlemen, be prepared to have your dark spirits illuminated, and you rabble in the front make sure you are forthcoming with your gratuities, as we give a grandiose Swinging Richards (heh, that name is so plebian, I'm almost embarrassed to say it) welcome tooooo...PORSCHE!!!"
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, if these threads are any indication people would read your blog; even if just to ridicule you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. As the Cardohate surpasses the Didshate, the popularity of the patented "Cardothread" (how the F do people make the little TM?) refuses to diminish. Ross, you speak to a little part of everyman, although the rest of us have gotten past it, somehow. Maybe we regret what we did to move past it, I don't know. But it IS a touchstone.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey gang.

ASSETS:

Young (24), able-bodied. BA, University of Texas, 2004 - History. No criminal record, owns transportation, genius, probably the world's greatest casual conversationalist.

I'm headed to Atlanta next week to live with friends. I have no idea what I'll do when I get there. I just need money. Let the adviceflood begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be plenty of opportunities for work as a strip club DJ in Atlanta. Supposedly, you don't need to know how to run the equipment - you just need to get in good with management (could happen in a couple of days if you're as good a conversationalist as you claim).

[/ QUOTE ]

"John Keats wrote, 'A thing of beauty is a joy for ever', but I would refer you to the last two lines which read, 'Some shape of beauty moves away the pall from our dark spirits...'!

Gentlemen, be prepared to have your dark spirits illuminated, and you rabble in the front make sure you are forthcoming with your gratuities, as we give a grandiose Swinging Richards (heh, that name is so plebian, I'm almost embarrassed to say it) welcome tooooo...PORSCHE!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

A+
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, if these threads are any indication people would read your blog; even if just to ridicule you. I was going to suggest this to my dad with a "Broke Pilot" blog where he could complain about being broke having lost 50% of his pay from Delta and everyone else in the country would come comment to tell him to STFU because he was still making well over 100k. Of course, then Delta had to go giving away money to pilots and he started making expenses again and he's not broke anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about writing a busto blog, 'cause [censored], everybody's got a poker blog, and this is just the next step forward, right? After The Gold Rush. How does blogging make money again? I assume there's some hot new ad-selling trend out there that I'm completely unfamiliar with.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey gang.

ASSETS:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make love to me.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to grad school

[/ QUOTE ]

As should be noted, Cardo did make an attempt to do this when he lived with me but neither Ga State nor Ga Tech would let him sign up for classes b/c it was too late for summer semester. He moved to Cali before the chance for fall.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I'm gonna be living in Austell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have missed this, but did you give a reason why you don't trade in the 15k+ car for a 1k jalopy that will get you from A to B?

Cup
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

If you are anywhere close to a genius you can do this:

write interesting and compelling original content
comment on countless blogs with links to your content
PROFIT

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more than easy to be a genius and not be a compelling writer.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

If you are anywhere close to a genius you can do this:

write interesting and compelling original content
comment on countless blogs with links to your content
PROFIT

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more than easy to be a genius and not be a compelling writer.

[/ QUOTE ]

also easy to be the reverse
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to grad school

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's this.

http://www.fencingmastersprogram.com/

This is the Fencing Masters' Program, at San Jose State University. I've heard there's another like it at another US school, but be damned if I know what it is. Anyway, behold! The only subject of study I can currently imagine going back to school for. I don't think you get a masters', exactly, just a certification, but I'm sure I could pursue a masters' in somedamnthing in tandem, if I so chose. I would like to be a somewhat bigger deal in the American fencing world than I currently am before going down this road, e.g. win something, anything.