Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has Journeyman picked up? I watched it once and then just never cared about the premise.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...no...that's why it's off my list. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, oops. I misread your post. I'm surprised you're dropping Heroes at this point, though. I thought it had been picking up. Yeah, the time travel stuff sucks, but so does everything to do with time travel in any book or show. There's always an unresolvable issue or paradox. Consequently, I don't bother to think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't seen any of the new season, as I got bored with the DVDs of the 1st season about halfway thru...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 AM

Ah, there is justice in the world after all. I've really enjoyed Jane's dancing, but she's slipped a little these last two weeks while everyone else has improved. Most of that is getting dances that she was strong at early but ones that were tougher for her now. Regardless, though, someone has to go each week, and given this field, she's the one who most deserves to get cut. Next week is going to be really, really, tough, though. Helio, Cameron, or Jennie all could get cut. If Mel slips even a little bit, it could be her, too. There's even a chance that Marie is mortal, and if she is, next week might do her in, esp. if a few million fans realize they'd rather watch people who were better at dancing.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 AM

Oh, and btw, Katy, did you ever get around to watching any of Pushing Daisies?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM

I forgot to answer you Wookie. I've watched one episode of this show. I think it was the Oct. 17th episode. It's pretty weird! Realy different. I will try to watch a few more episodes this weekend and then report back on what I think.

Did anyone watch The Office last night? Pretty weak episode if you ask me. What do you guys think of the Dwight character? He's a little over the top, no? I think Andy is pretty funny. I'm also a Kelly fan. She has great line delivery.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Yeah, it's definitely a weird show. You should definitely try to track down the first episode, since not only is it the best, it'll also make things a little clearer.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM

I thought I had it but then when I sat down to watch it, sadly, it was gone [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Tough night for TV for me. I have the usual Chuck, Heroes, and DwtS, but complicating things are the Seahawks on MNF that's on at the same time as all of those. I'm obviously not skipping my Seahawks. I'll definitely have to watch Chuck online. The real decision is if I record the last half hour of DwtS or the first half hour of Heroes. I think NBC is going to get the shaft to night, really. I expect Heroes to be the best episode so far this season, but we're at a point in DwtS where I don't want anyone to go home who'd seem to have a chance to be going home. Srs biz. I'll have to catch up w/ Chuck and Heroes Tuesday night online.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

I heard an interview with Helio on the radio this morning. He sounded really nice! Much sweeter than Jane Seymour did the other week. Anyway he said that yesterday he and his partner practiced for 9 hours [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] God I hope they are good tonight.

When pressed by the DJ to name one of Jullianne's flaws, he told him that her only flaw is that she has a temper. He also said that his fiance is a little jealous of the time he spends with Julianne. I don't blame her!

Anyway I am rooting for him because he sounded like the sweetest guy and very humble.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 PM

The dances were great tonight. Helio did not disappoint. And Max and Mel were awesome. Man I feel downright guilty when I watch that guy dance. It's starting to become a problem. I should probably stop watching this show [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My favorite dances tonight -

Helio and Julianne with the quick step [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Max and Mel with the mambo [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and

Cameron and Edyta with the waltz.

p.s. hey MrWookie did you know that Ana was married to Jonathan? I didn't!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 AM

Yeah, I knew that. One of my friends who's also a DwtS nut dashed all my fantasies about Anna when she revealed she was married. I guess I'll have to move on to Edyta, not that that's much of a step down. Trust me, Katy, I understand your sentiments about Max. I know exactly what it's like to dance with girls who are both incredibly hot and who only add to it with their sexy dancing. I fantasize about them like it's my job.

My review of this week's dancing is coming up in a bit.