Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Turn decision with Overcard

-grunch-

I would not bluff in this spot. I try to bluff as little as possible at micro limits. I justify this by saying that his calling range is *incredibly* wide, and much of it has you beat. He could be completely floating you on the turn, and you will still be unsure of your hand unless anything but an ace comes on the river.

On the river I guess a call is ok, since you are still ahead of a lot of his range. Sometimes villan will bet with no pair here.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:47 PM

* Grunch *

pf - call, no raise.

flop - fine

turn - check, if you bet he will call, especiall if he has a flush draw.

raise - fold, you are beat. The pot is not big and you don't have much, almost any pair beats you and he may have a flush
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you will dump a lot of monies playing a hand like this upfront ... if you want to raise some weak hands because the table is tight (then raise some 0gap mid suited connectors, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has been very good to me ... there is a reason why HFAP suggests this - OP, I'll let you think about the why)

OP, think about the current table conditions of the table and think about what kind of flops you can play with what mix of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if I get caught raising 87s, they will cold-call with all and anything in the future?

Table conditions is nothing something that has crossed my mind in the past in connection with this kind of hand in this type of situation.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why, I raised? Because SSHE told me to raise suited aces first in from middle position. A3s is a little too weak for MP1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Baptiste, I know this is going to sound harsh, but raising preflop "because a book told me to" is not a particularly compelling reason to do it. It is clear that you really didnt have much of a plan postflop with this hand. You arent going to hit many flops with a hand like A3s, so unless you really know what your doing with it after the flop, you shouldnt be playing it aggressively before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not harsh, Kit. I'm a little lost lamb preflop without the charts. p2p has been good and taught me things like iso-raising and setodds but I still know nada and I know it.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you bet the turn its not as a bluff, DUCY?

fwiw against some villains i bet the turn and check the river, other I check the turn and call the river. its depends on their aggression level. and against some others i just give up by checking the turn and folding the river.

i would also fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guys seems to be very average in terms of aggression but I think I will bet again because the board pairing and the wide calling-range in the blind.