Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Default FTP $10 Rebuy - AA w/ BIG action on K High Board

Im currently sitting in 1st place. Just moved to this table recently so no real reads.

Rebuy period is obv over.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $100/$200
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
HERO: $16151
UTG+1: $13185
MP1: $9775
MP2: $12146
CO: $5900
Button: $7430
SB: $5115
BB: $14017

Pre-flop: (8 players) HERO is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $600</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2500, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $1400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $9175</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $13417</font>.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: FTP $10 Rebuy - AA w/ BIG action on K High Board

Hmm, I'm not sure on this one. First instinct say call, just because its early in a re-buy. People often don't adjust straight away and are in crazy all-in mode a bit still. Also the re-buy period tends to re-ward the super aggro players who might not play so well later, so there's a lot of them around still, with some big stacks.

Also this flop makes we think we see a king and a flush draw enough to make this worthwhile.

That said, the BB bet is pretty scary. This deep, and with him in the BB, he could have pretty much ATC pre-flop, he's hit something though enough for him to CRAI...

He could definitely have a low set, or two pair - K5 or something. He also could be going a bit nuts with a flush draw.

I'm not too woried by MP1.

We've got bloody good odds though, which suggest a call. I think I use up my time, look BB up on OPR, if he looks decent I fold, if not I call...
Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 PM

call - you will bust out against a set sometimes - 2 pair is very unlikely with this flop (who calls with K5 after an UTG raise?).

first raiser could have a semibluff flush draw, and second one AK, KQ...

there are so many possibilities and you got huge odds.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 PM

I can't say no to the chance to nearly triple here. Like Lev said, you'll hit a set sometimes but not often enough to make this a bad call.

Call and hope you don't get flushed out.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:16 PM

Appreciate the advice guys...against my better judgement I folded. They both showed AK and I would have held.

Next hand I doubled when I flopped the nut straight. Gave me the chip lead, but I would have been MONSTER chip leader if I make that call the hand before.

Thanks again guys.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 PM

I would've called expecting to see a flush draw and KQ/AK and then killed myself when the flush hit on the river...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 AM

I still think the BB is the problem. What kind of king high hand calls a huge all in like that, but doesn't re-raise? Thats pretty much KQ, KJ... A flush draw wouldnt have the odds to call, so we should really rule that out. I'm pretty suprised he had AK here, but then again, what do I know.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:01 AM

Nasty spot, but I'm pretty this is a fold this deep. When I'm running bad I always try to figure out what hands they might be doing this with that I'm beating to justify I call but always get shown a set or something else that beats me. So yeah, this is a fold imo, I just have to start making them.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think the BB is the problem. What kind of king high hand calls a huge all in like that, but doesn't re-raise? Thats pretty much KQ, KJ... A flush draw wouldnt have the odds to call, so we should really rule that out. I'm pretty suprised he had AK here, but then again, what do I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

For BB do this w/ KQ or KJ is pretty sucicidal, so unless we have a read on BB being an idiot, I think his range is much more heavily weighted towards sets, nut flush draws or some sort of combo draw like a pair+flush draw (5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) or nut flush+straigh draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 AM

$10r. No one folds a king and everyone thinks an A high flush draw is the nuts so stove :

KT, KJ, KQ and AK, 555, 333 and Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I think you'll find this is a pretty easy call.

If I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I'd like it less but it's still an easy call.