Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Det @ Phi - Afterthoughts

Coming into the game with Detroit +6 and knowing that Dawkins and Sheppard were out I figured this to be a good bet. I really thought that it was the best bet of the week ATS. I guess I didn't take into account how bad the Lions defense is, and how Philly probably gameplanned to win a shootout. I still think Detroit has a decent front 4 and could get some stops against a Philly team that has struggled thus far. Offensively I am surprised Detroit only scored 21 considering the injuries Philly had. I didn't get to see the game so what was the difference? Who stepped up for Philly in the secondary or was it a matter of pass rush? Were the Eagles blitzing more/less/same as usual?

I didn't come in thinking Detroit was good because they were 2-0 and Philly sucks because they were 0-2. Honestly I think Philly is a Super Bowl contender, I just thought Detroit came in on a great day to get spotted 6. I don't know what to make of this game really, even after the fact. Of course it could just be one of those games that you can't see coming. It looked like gay pride day in Philly with those uniforms, maybe that threw them off.

Anything noteworthy from this game that anyone can add? How did they matchup to Roy, Megatron, Furrey, & McDonald? Did they use linebackers, DBs, zone?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Det @ Phi - Afterthoughts

philly scored TD's and not field goals. Unlike in the first two games. The philly offensive was confident again unlike in the first two games. Philly defense has 9 sacks as well.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM

The Eagles have been notoriously bad in their first two games during the Reid/McNabb era. (5-7 since '02) It looked like they just snapped out of that sort of early season fog.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:32 PM

I also had quite a bit riding on this game. (took the Lions)

Very surprised/impressed with PHI offense. Westbrook is amazing.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM

I'm not sold on the Eagles. I think the great offense explosion caused them to give so many points this weel. I love the Giants plus the points and plus a tease.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Very surprised/impressed with PHI offense. Westbrook is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best back in the league! Besides GOD in San Diego.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:50 PM

It's funny you say that about Westbrook because I actually agree and I doubt many others do.

Fantasy football has kind of ruined that. Any time you try to talk about the best players, most people will simply rank players in terms of fantasy football value without even realizing it. People don't watch games enough, they watch boxscores too much.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny you say that about Westbrook because I actually agree and I doubt many others do.

Fantasy football has kind of ruined that. Any time you try to talk about the best players, most people will simply rank players in terms of fantasy football value without even realizing it. People don't watch games enough, they watch boxscores too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Fantasy football has ruined my analysis of individual players. I still play it, though. Derek Anderson is the best player ever!