Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 88 in SB.... squeeze?

[ QUOTE ]
This is the decision, I'm sure I'm folding 66 and lower, shoving TT+, 88 it depends but I can see shoving it and some tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

With ~17BB's sure, but with 26BB'S? I think the decision is between raising to 10BB's, shoving, or folding... and IMHO raising to 10BB's > shoving > folding. I agree that calling for set value is not a good play. What are your thoughts on my post right before this one?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 PM

you can't call for set value, whatever the rest of the thread sais.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-or-
Reraise to 2100 or so... what if that gets called... what do you do on particular flops?

Throwing in like a third of your stack for the privilege of playing OOP with like 1 PSB behind is -EV with 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said I would make it 2,5k-3k, call any shove and shove any flop obv. I think a go'n'go is for sure an alternative to shoving preflop here.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-or-
Reraise to 2100 or so... what if that gets called... what do you do on particular flops?

Throwing in like a third of your stack for the privilege of playing OOP with like 1 PSB behind is -EV with 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said I would make it 2,5k-3k, call any shove and shove any flop obv. I think a go'n'go is for sure an alternative to shoving preflop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say you raise to 3K. If Villain 1 calls, he will have 2600 behind in a pot of at least 7K. He is not folding to any bet on the flop. And what about Villain 2? He is not going to call this raise, he is either folding or moving in. If he moves in and you call, again the pot is large again.

And getting back to Villain 1. Is he going to just call off more than half his stack to see a flop and then fold to it? And if he does move in, are you going to fold now?

You cannot raise this pot and then fold on the flop. If you somehow just get calls for your raise and then shove any flop, you have absolutely no fold equity.

Face it guys, this is a shove or fold with shove being much better unless you are an expert and can find other bigger edges.