Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Early Venetian DS hand w/KK

This is from the Saturday noon Venetian $540 Deepstack event. It's the late part of level one, with blinds of t25-t50. The table has a few pretty active players; I have only played 1 or 2 hands and have about t9500. I am in MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

PF one EP limper, I make it t200 to go & get called by button, BB & orig. limper (pot is t850)

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet t500; button folds, BB and EP both call (pot is t2350)

(At this point, I obviously love my hand, but can't think of too many things that warrant a call, other than the obvious flush draw from EP, who could easily have limped and called PF with AJs, ATs, QJs, JTs, etc. and then had odds to call the flop once BB called. Something like JJ, TT, 99, or 88 could also make sense for either villain. And, with little read on anyone yet, many other holdings are also possible.)

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP checks, I check, BB bets t2000, EP pushes all in for an additional t8000 or so (enough to put me all in).

I'm looking for comments on the entire hand, and obviously thoughts on whether I commit all my chips with a set of Kings here.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Early Venetian DS hand w/KK

ouch? out of my depth...4X pre would get calls by KQ and AK I guess...Have the two villans been active so far? I would think they would have reraised pre with QQ...Maybe set o 8's or 3's and flush or combo draw (J10D)...dunno rick...interested to see what others think...EP maybe with AK and A diamonds (farfetched as 3 Ks are out and I think he would have reraised flop)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM

sucks you couldn't see a cheaper river card...but it looks like the betting just shut you out of this hand...someone almost always has the flush here.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Both villains had been pretty active (certainly far more active than I had been), but it was still early and neither had shown down a hand I'd consider out of line with how they played it (frankly, only a few hands had been shown down). I think this was the first time anyone had been all in at the table.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM

only real good thing about folding is you only have $700 invested in the hand so you still have plenty of chips left...still...damn...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 PM

bet 1200 on flop
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM

This is just one of those hands where you have to take a deep breath, say "well that sucks" and toss your cards away. You obviously have a monster on the flop, and you played the hand just fine. But the fact that there's a flush showing, you are in the early stage of a deep stack tournament, and you have a big bet and an all in behind you (that has you covered) add up to a unfortunate turnout, but ultimately easy fold.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet 1200 on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

insane
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet 1200 on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

insane

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I can see 900, 1200 a bit crazy IMO.

With action, you have to fold. Lots of chips to still play with and very early.........
Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM

flop play is totally fine, turn play is also fine, assuming you folded of course.