Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Stud hand in HORSE tourney. Did I play this right?

Converter's not working for some reason, but:

ST3 [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] bring in
ST4 [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] fold
ST5 [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] call
Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] call
ST7 [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] call
ST8 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] complete
ST1 [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] fold
ST2 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] call
all fold, I call, 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls

I figure here I got all my spades out and it's a relatively small pot, I'm doing well chip wise, might as well try to see a good 4th street

4th

ST2 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] check, call, call, call
Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] check, raise, raise
ST7 [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] check, fold
ST8 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] bet, raise, call

Decided to jam here, got my 4-flush, ALL my spades are live! The rest follows...

ST2 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] check, call
Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] bet
ST8 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] call

ST2 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] check, call
Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] bet
ST8 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] call

ST2 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Xx] bet
Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] fold
ST8 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Xx] fold

How is my play? River fold bad? I couldn't imagine my lone pair of aces was good.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Stud hand in HORSE tourney. Did I play this right?

Sorry it looks so ugly. I'm also drunk.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:01 AM

Did you cut and paste the entire HH? Do you have the latest version of the perverter? Is this a supported site?

It would be good to know things like stack sizes and what stage of the tournament this is. I'll assume that it's fairly early and treat it as I would a cash game hand.

Third is definitely a play. I'd consider completing it or even raising on the backside, but the limp/call is fine. I like jamming your four-flush on fourth. I like your continued aggression on fifth and sixth. By the river, the pot has gotten quite large. The bettor could well have backed into a flush (quite a few showed early; presumably he was on something else). He could be bluffing, presumably hoping that y'all have forgotten the dead hearts. I'm not one to fold mediocre hands for one bet on the river, and I wouldn't here. The guy behind you could well have one pair beaten, so it's not an awful lay-down, but I don't think calling can ever be that bad against an unknown, especially if this was a small buy-in tournament.

Leave drinking and posting to the professionals.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM

Given that you advocate a call on 7s, wouldn't a raise be even better? We're only going to win this hand if seat 2 is bluffing, and therefore we need to discourage seat 8s from making his own crying call with a possible 2 pair.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

you played this pretty much exactly as i would, but then again i don't play stud hi
Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 PM

Saying that I wouldn't fold isn't the same as saying that he should call. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The guy behind jammed fourth street. This suggests a big draw or a made hand. If he has the big draw and it comes in, he's obviously not folding. If he has the big draw and it misses, he's folding for one bet unless maybe he backed into two pair, which is somewhat unlikely. If it was a made hand, he may well be strong enough that he's not folding for two bets.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:38 PM

If it's stud hi/lo reraise 3rd and punish the idiot for raising a pair of jacks.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 AM

BIG mistake