Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 09:30 PM

Default PS $109 Deep Stack: Tough Decision with TPTK

Second hour of the PS deep stack $109. I have been fairly tight, and have not played a hand for a while. My stack is well above average. Villian has been very tight so far (14/2). Call or fold to the all-in reraise on the flop?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t11430)
UTG+1 (t17790)
MP1 (t4350)
MP2 (t12532)
Hero (t9138)
CO (t6905)
Button (t8932)
SB (t5495)
BB (t8573)

Preflop: Hero is in MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t300, SB calls t250, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1000) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t700</font>, Button calls t700, <font color="red">SB raises to t5195 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">

(PS, this is the first time I've ever tried posting a hand using a converter, so if I've done something wrong, please cut me a little slack.)
Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: PS $109 Deep Stack: Tough Decision with TPTK

fold, theres a player behind and your equity sucks against a range of AT/sets/combo draws/twopairs. i doubt he pushes KT
Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 PM

To the extent it matters, the player behind me was playing, quite literally, any 2 cards. He was like 95/25 over 80 hands, and almost never folded to any bet on the flop, so I think I'm way ahead of his range. The problem, obviously, is the tight player in the SB who raised me all-in. (SB also had to know B was playing any 2)
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm bumping this one time to see if I can get some other thoughts. I really thought this could be a move by someone who saw my flop bet as a standard continuation bet and was trying to push me off the hand with something like AQ, AJ, 77, 88, 99. On the other hand, I hated to put my tournament life on the line with TPTK.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 PM

If you are tight and you think the other players think that - if they are a thinking player, and they call your "tight" preflop raise, I'd be careful with this hand. I really don't think player's bluff that often. I used to think that even bad players bluff often, but I have learned the hard way that they rarely do. I'd probably hit the timer and then fold.