Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 03:23 PM

Default COMPLETE donk in this insane game, how should i\'ve played this?

I suck at this game. Need help on each street. (I know I'm better of folding whenever Omaha H/L is dealt and stick to stud and he(where i have +EV)... but wheres the fun in that?) When thats said, I'm definetly the fish in O H/L..

Live dealers choice homegame, blinds at 5/10 (10rmb = 1.25 $).
6 handed.

I've played a lot of holdem with these guys and I'm a regular winner in this game. Most of them are decent players but as you know livegames tend to be mad. Button is a new player whos been running good and he's been playing poker for a long time. CO is a guy who always deals OMAHA H/L and wants to gamble cuz he's stuck about 1000.

HERO - ~1650
UTG+1 - irrelevant
CO - ~400
BUTTON - ~1800
SB - irrelevant
BB - irrelevant

I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and make it 35.

CO calls, button calls.

FLOP (110) - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I c-bet 80, both players call???.

TURN (350) - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, CO pushes 285, button call... I Raise 400 too 685.

Button calls.

RIVER (2005)- 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I push 850..I felt BN was in need of a flush...so i thought I had fold equity and I also had nutlow for at 1/2 of the sidepot if he decided to call. Button goes in the tank and calls after 5 minutes..

Flips up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and takes down a big one, CO got TJ for nutstr8 and gets his share...

I need all the help I can get.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: COMPLETE donk in this insane game, how should i\'ve played this?

i dont understand what you were thinking on the turn at all. why not just pot it?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:09 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Did you get a quarter or am I reading this wrong?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM

Looks to me like he got a little better than 1/4... 1/4 of the main pot into which he contributed just 1/3, and 1/4 of the side pot into which he put 1/2, so yes he got a 1/4 but it was a little more than 25% of the two pot total. Unless, like you imply, we are missing something.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM

so you have PLO8 in rotation in a home game? thats pretty crazy.

This hand is pretty much standard, except for the turn which all three of you played ass-backwards. When an AA3 hand runs into A389 on a 589xx board, youre SUPPOSED to get quartered for a lot of money.

And if a friend of mine took 5 minutes to call me with the nut low and two pair for high id kick his ass
Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 PM

This flop missed you big time. Check/Fold.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This flop missed you big time. Check/Fold.

[/ QUOTE ] Joke? Pot pot pot this flop or you can muck AA3x preflop.

You played it alright, besides not potting the turn. Keep in mind you had 6 more outs you probably weren't thinking about for the best high hand. And if CO is pushing open ended straight draws on low boards, then maybe you need to play Omaha/8 with him more often.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand what you were thinking on the turn at all. why not just pot it?

[/ QUOTE ]
What should I be thinking on the turn? What 2 be aware of...

As I was saying. I am a complete n000b in this game. Is a [censored] rollercoaster, thats for sure.

Yeah, I got 25% so it was not all that bad.

Why would I want to c/f the flop? Isnt c-betting a standard move there? (btw; the homegame doesnt know that I've only played this game on just a few occations).

Yeah, I cant believe the [censored] took so long too call. The greedy "rooster"sucker was scared that he was gonna get semishafted like I got cause he believed I had a set/str8.....
Old 10-30-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What should I be thinking on the turn? What 2 be aware of...

As I was saying. I am a complete n000b in this game. Is a [censored] rollercoaster, thats for sure.

Yeah, I got 25% so it was not all that bad.

Why would I want to c/f the flop? Isnt c-betting a standard move there? (btw; the homegame doesnt know that I've only played this game on just a few occations).

Yeah, I cant believe the [censored] took so long too call. The greedy "rooster"sucker was scared that he was gonna get semishafted like I got cause he believed I had a set/str8.....

[/ QUOTE ]

i would be thinking on the turn that i'de love to get it all in headsup with one of them, but ill take it all in threeway if thats how it goes down.

check/folding that flop is insanly weak tight. this is a very good flop for your hand. having aa3x and getting a flop with a 2 and another low card you arent really getting away from your hand all that often.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 PM

I will try too improve my omaha8 game and play it more often with these guys..... I've got 6 outs as you say for the wheel/top set.. Anyway, all the money would've ended up in the middle anyway. But i see that I should pot turn.