Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Ask Me About Being a Police Officer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure what to do about that. I'm not sure if you should contact your local police department or sheriff's office and see what they say, but then if that is a bad idea, then you could be arrested? I don't know. Seems like a touchy situation. If you're really unsure, take it out to the woods and bury it as deep as you can. haha Or call a lawyer and get some free advice from them and see what happens. I honestly have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

who said it was me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

that said, say 'this person' has had this burner for 8+ years, and knows for a bloody fact that if he/she were caught with it, they would surely get into trouble..

being a person with a decent background in this kind of thing, what would YOU do?

'this person' has envisioned totally wiping it down, putting on gloves, and putting it into a baggie, possibly even in pieces, and throwing it out the window on a highway, as there'd be no way to trace the gun..

'this person' would rather have it on him/her for the shortest time possible, as 'this person' has no idea of the history of said pistol...

advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mcgruffspo.com/how/prog01g.cfm

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed...however, who trusts mcgruff when it comes to time in jail? believe it or not, i'm (probably?) not even talking about me, more like someone close to me. we've consulted, drunkenly at times, and cannot figure out the 'safest' way to dispose of it...

*shrug*
Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a lot of cops seen this video (the officer involved was fired) and what is the general reaction?

What is your reaction (regardless if you'd seen it before or not).

Great thread, thanks.

EDIT: OOPs wrong video at first this should be a video of a kid getting yelled out by a cop. Also video gets interesting at 1:07

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for other police if they have seen that video, but I watched some of it. It's extremely annoying with all of that clicking and it makes me not want to watch it. However, from what I've seen, that officer was completely out of hand. I don't even know what his problem was.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first part it seemed as if the cop was trying to goad the guy into taking a swing at him so he could arrest him and/or beat the crap out of him. I think he should have been fired as he was clearly unfit to be a police officer.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM

wiper,

I really have no idea what to do. I am not a gun person. The only gun I've ever owned is the one I have now.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that said, say 'this person' has had this burner for 8+ years, and knows for a bloody fact that if he/she were caught with it, they would surely get into trouble..

being a person with a decent background in this kind of thing, what would YOU do?

'this person' has envisioned totally wiping it down, putting on gloves, and putting it into a baggie, possibly even in pieces, and throwing it out the window on a highway, as there'd be no way to trace the gun..

'this person' would rather have it on him/her for the shortest time possible, as 'this person' has no idea of the history of said pistol...

advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to risk to driving with it just wipe it off, wrap in a cloth and throw down a storm drain. If you're worried about kids finding it or something, you could mangle it real good with a sledgehammer in your garage before you toss it.

It seems like it wouldn't really even matter if the gun were found as long as you get all of your prints off it so you could even just throw it in the woods or on the side of the road or something.

If for whatever reason you feel have to drive away from your neighborhood and are really worried, you could duct tape to the bottom/inside of a paint can, fill the can with paint, and put it your trunk with other painting supplies. Drug dogs don't smell for guns, and no cop that pulls you over is going to open and dump out a full can of paint when he searches your car. Just drive to a secluded enough spot and throw the entire can in a river/pond/lake.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok serious question here and this one really burns me up good....Why the hell do the police spend so much time trying to give me speeding tickets on the wealthy side of town (let's face it speeding 10-15 miles over is no crime) when on the other side of town guys are slinging crack rock and killing guys?

I mean it seems the cops give tickets to make moniez....hell, aren't i the guy paying your salary after all? who cares if my license plate is a month overdue or if i do a rolling stop. Its not serious crime.

Also, why do cops give me these tickets and then have the balls to call my house asking for donations to the police dept? R they just insane? What they need donations for when they make a damn fortune giving tickets?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of this has to do with politics. Everyone wants their neighborhood to be safe, but the wealthy have a lot more influence on police priorities.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to risk to driving with it just wipe it off, wrap in a cloth and throw down a storm drain. If you're worried about kids finding it or something, you could mangle it real good with a sledgehammer in your garage before you toss it.

It seems like it wouldn't really even matter if the gun were found as long as you get all of your prints off it so you could even just throw it in the woods or on the side of the road or something.

If for whatever reason you feel have to drive away from your neighborhood and are really worried, you could duct tape to the bottom/inside of a paint can, fill the can with paint, and put it your trunk with other painting supplies. Drug dogs don't smell for guns, and no cop that pulls you over is going to open and dump out a full can of paint when he searches your car. Just drive to a secluded enough spot and throw the entire can in a river/pond/lake.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you going to be more suspicious of paint cans now?

real question: have you ever found any drugs/guns/poetry, etc., while you were searching a car? where did they try to hide it?

do you search the headliner or under the dash, or in used mcdonalds bags of cars you search?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This person should shell out some bucks, hire a lawyer, and have the lawyer turn in the gun to the cops.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:37 AM

Before my questions, in regards to the gun, if you're in or around New York there is a number to call for amnesty. If not I would soak the thing in lye over night, remove the bolt, throw the gun down a sewer/storm drain, and the bolt somewhere completely different. Sounds insane but its what we were taught for any ordnance decommissioning in an armory, other than the sewer/drain part. Do not put the gun in your car, do not have ANYTHING illegal with you while disposing of the gun. The bolt should be safe to drive with for disposal. (Disclaimer: Not a lawyer, not a cop, was a peace officer.)

My questions:

1)What is your personal standpoint on non-bulk marijuana?

2)Do police officers get drug tested?

3)It is an urban legend that if you ask someone if they're a cop they have to say "yes" correct? I understand your experience might be limited with this as you're not a detective, but just curious if you know.

4) What exactly is the difference between the anti-crime plainclothes we deal with and detectives?

5) What are the benefits of military experience in regards to rank/promotion/hiring? And is a degree required?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 AM

Wait until there's one of those "no questions asked" gun buy-back events that PDs sometimes have. They'll give you like $100 and they're not allowed to ask you where you got the gun. Hell, there was a guy who turned in a grenade launcher to one of those things and nothing happened to him.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait until there's one of those "no questions asked" gun buy-back events that PDs sometimes have. They'll give you like $100 and they're not allowed to ask you where you got the gun. Hell, there was a guy who turned in a grenade launcher to one of those things and nothing happened to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he's concerned about the possibility he might get stopped on the way to one of these events. I would sell the gun to an acquaintance if I could (assuming it hadn't been used in a murder) or just put in it a metal cash box and throw it in the nearest large body of water.