Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Default ARUBA HAND FROM SHANNON SHORR BLOG

I really like his blog but this hand is pretty bad. Against said old guy this is an insta fold in a live MTT tourney. He's only beating a bluff and talks himself into calls by convincing himself they have the one or two hands he beats. Then crys about his "luck" and how he cant take much more of this ....LOL .....cmon man you gotta be better then that...ANYWAY HERE"S THE POST

Sigh. I guess this kind of [censored] is going to happen to me every tournament. I may've played my best tournament poker ever today. I never picked up any hands and battled hard to get my stack. I was at around 27000 when the bust hand came up with the average around 21000. Unopened to me on the button I raised Q6cc to 800 at 150/300 (25). A sixty-something European that covered me called in the SB. The BB folded. The flop came Qs 6d 3s. He checked, and I bet 1400. He called. The turn was the Ah. He checked, and I bet 3500. He called. The river was the Kd. He checked. I thought for about 30 seconds because I thought he would think I was considering a bluff. I then bet 8300 into the pot of 11925. He thought for 5 seconds and then announced all-in. I wanted to puke. I was around 95 percent certain that the guy had a flush draw. The only other possible holdings I thought he could have was 54 soooooted. He was splashing around and routinely raising to 1200 at 1/200 and 2300 at 150/300 PF, so I didn't expect him to know that calling with a flush draw on the turn would be incorrect. I also didn't give him more credit for having a monster on the river just because he was laying me huge odds, because, again, I didn't expect him to know anything about odds. The only hand I was worried about was JTss. I finally called after, literally, 8 minutes of thought. He slammed down JTss, and I was absolutely sick. The sickest thing about the hand is that he has to run off an offsuit K-A or A-K to get me to put anymore chips in the pot with the worst hand. That's about 70:1 to happen [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Blah enough odds. I'm devastated again. I maybe should fold the river and save my last 13700, but I think he shows up with a missed flush draw atleast 1 in 4 times. I realize I can only beat a bluff, but missed spades and JTss are the only hands I felt he would ever c'raise on the end.
I guess we'll relax and then head out Saturday. I'm reconsidering going to WPT Barcelona now because I just can't take anymore of this. The brutality that I've experienced the last few months in these tournaments almost can't be explained in words.