Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 PM

Default So I got a $.02 check from BofA today...

...on an MBNA credit card account I closed years ago (I guess they bought MBNA). Yes I insisted they send me a check. I love the idea of how much each step of the process them issuing and mailing me the check, then me cashing it at my BofA bank is going to cost all the parties involved. (*see below for my motivation in this matter)

So I'm wondering is there some way I can make this thing even more of a hassle for them? Like smudge up the routing #s or something. Endorse it to a 3rd party? Maybe wait for it to expire, then try to cash it? I'd really like to find some way to get a human involved and have to spend a few minutes on my check. Anyone in the banking industry please chime in.

* FYI - MBNA really screwed me over by raising my rates. Literally one month after extending my credit line they put me in the default rate because I had "too much outstanding debt", which was almost all their [censored] credit card.

So I canceled the card and started paying it off under the old terms. But I still got stuff saying they had reviewed my credit and were going to raise my rates unless I sent back the thing signed saying I had rejected the change. This is all AFTER I canceled the card. I am not making it up. If I didn't check every mailer from them I had a chance of having my rates raised by them, even though I rejected the changes and canceled the card already. MBNA and Fleet get a special place in hell in suzzer's world.

I am totally over this and obviously I don't think anything I do with this check will actually hurt them in any way. But I do think it will be fun. So no buzzkill haters please.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: So I got a $.02 check from BofA today...

I like were your heart is at, but in the end all you are going to so is just piss off some poor wage slave employee (who prolly hates BofA as much you do) by giving him unecessary work

I think youve done your part already. Just cash the .02 check and toss the pennies in the parking lot

[ QUOTE ]
So no buzzkill haters please.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 09:13 PM

Well, the ink is magnetic, so running a magnet over the check will cause it to be hard to read automaticaly. You should write a detailed explanation on the check why they deserve to be punished so that everyone handling the check is aware of the situation.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to find some way to get a human involved and have to spend a few minutes on my check.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these are your true feelings, then you're part of the reason why customer service providers smile less and less.

Being one myself, I can tell you that customers taking out their frustrations on me, for the sins of my corporation, bothers me to no end.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM

I think you guys are way off here with all this sympathy for whomever has to look at the check. I seriously doubt someone is going to have to work unpaid overtime to deal with my check. It may even amuse them and brighten their day. When I've had to work a boring job like that I always appreciated seeing something weird to break the monotony.

It's not like I'm not going to yell or call anyone names. I just want to get a human involved to drag the total amount spent by BofA/MBNA on my $.02 check even higher.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to find some way to get a human involved and have to spend a few minutes on my check.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these are your true feelings, then you're part of the reason why customer service providers smile less and less.

Being one myself, I can tell you that customers taking out their frustrations on me, for the sins of my corporation, bothers me to no end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but you are the ones that piss us off. You put us on hold, ask us for info which we spend 10 mins. telling you, then put us on hold again. Then you transfer us to someone else and the cycle repeats 3 or 4 times.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but you are the ones that piss us off. You put us on hold, ask us for info which we spend 10 mins. telling you, then put us on hold again. Then you transfer us to someone else and the cycle repeats 3 or 4 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

And tell us to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew WHEN THE GOD DAMN LIGHTS ON THE GOD DAMN CABLE MODEM AND BLINKING SAYING IT HAS NO GOD DAMN SIGNAL.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the ink is magnetic, so running a magnet over the check will cause it to be hard to read automaticaly. You should write a detailed explanation on the check why they deserve to be punished so that everyone handling the check is aware of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this really do anything? From my experience, I dont think it would. It would be more effective to smudge a few of the "MICR" numbers on the bottom of the check. Hell, do both and see what happens. Fill in a zero or an 8 and enjoy....
Old 01-29-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like were your heart is at, but in the end all you are going to so is just piss off some poor wage slave employee (who prolly hates BofA as much you do) by giving him unecessary work

I think youve done your part already. Just cash the .02 check and toss the pennies in the parking lot

[ QUOTE ]
So no buzzkill haters please.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These poor people actually sit in front of a large computer all day correct checks and other tickets that the proof machines make. At a bank the size of BofA, I wouldnt be suprised if over 25 people work 8 hour days doing this. This will be one of thousands of checks they process and might be worth a laugh if they even notice what is happening.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And tell us to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew WHEN THE GOD DAMN LIGHTS ON THE GOD DAMN CABLE MODEM AND BLINKING SAYING IT HAS NO GOD DAMN SIGNAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT, [censored] Comcast