Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-13-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Staking Deals

I think anyone should be happy playing for 30% profit on a freeroll, unless they are professional level, in which case, why aren't they just buy ing in themselves?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 AM

I thought 70/30 on a one shot deal was actually too low if anything, because you're basically saying all these people you're staking have 50%+ ROI's.

but you obviously proved me wrong and/or they really do play that bad in the Mil, so fire away!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 AM

Old 11-13-2007, 04:54 AM

if it were me, id do 8020, because eventually u will get screwed over by some poster for some amt of money if u continue to stake relative unknowns, and u have to factor that into your split
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 AM

yeah like... i dont get 30% of myself for one-off staking deals, and, while im not incredible, im probably better than the average horse youre going to have.

80/20 is fair.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 AM

Are you staking any of the same people over a couple of weeks? Why not introduce some kind of makeup?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 AM

Getting a head start on everyone else

Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 AM

I think 80 / 20 is more than fair for a once off spin in the weekly lotto.

Obviously, the longer the term of a staking deal and the wider the variety of games the more the ratio would have to fall back in the stakee's favour. Because the assumption would be that they are going to make money from the stake and are going to put in a more significant amount of time while playing within it.

So the better and more accomplished the candidate you wish to attract for a longer term deal - the greater the neccesity to promise them a bigger slice of the potential profits.

And btw, to the first respondant in this thread - understand that there are many "professional" players who would have no interest sticking up $215 of their own money to play the million if they can avoid it. While any player deriving their full income from poker should have a positive $ expectation from playing it; the reality is that the tournament is insane in terms of variance and it would take heaps of attempts to reach the "longrun" in it. Every time you consider an individual Sunday million a reasonable conclusion would be that it is an inefficient way to invest $215. Even if this week could be your week, lol.

As such, there are many smart players whose regular games are 2/4nl and below; or $100 SNGs and below who would prefer to be staked for these large field; large prizepool; large variance lotto tournaments.

Also add in the fact that good players with bad br management go broke. Good players in college cash out rolls to pay for stuff from time to time. Not everyone plays on stars or keeps money there.

So it is not a case of whether someone is a "pro" or not. Or is good at poker or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 AM