Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Fixing the Main Event

I havent read this thread. But the main event should stay EXACTLY like it was this year next year. The structure was F'ing amazing.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:23 PM

i haven't read this thread. but i would like to win the ME someday so i can talk to tiffany michelle.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i haven't read this thread. but i would like to win the ME someday so i can talk to tiffany michelle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha... that made me laugh outloud. Well, thanks so much for the compliment... and keep in mind that you don't have to win the MAIN EVENT to talk to me, any bracelet event will do! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Ha Ha... that made me laugh outloud. Well, thanks so much for the compliment... and keep in mind that you don't have to win the MAIN EVENT to talk to me, any bracelet event will do! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]it's a deal!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM

About the only things you could do to the ME to make it more likely that a top pro was going to win would be shuffle machines, and $5 chips. (The latter necessitating many more levels, maybe another entire day.)

Also, I kind of like his idea. If only the winner cashes, and everyone starts the ME with $10K, meaning that the amateurs that get to the 'sweet sixteen' have the pros 10-1 in chips. I'm sorry, but it wasn't luck that blew Scotty Nguyen out of the final table, after amassing about a quarter of the chips, if you hear him tell you, it was Scotty Nguyen. Golf pros can shoot 80 and Scotty can donk himself out of existence in the ME. It happens.

So, to reiterate: OP's idea = bad and will kill the ME. There was a tournament of Champions, it was enjoyed by some.

Pros constantly go deep, but now there are more amateurs than pros. People have been bitching about amateurs and satellites in the ME since the early 90's. Don't believe me? You Tube.