Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Ask an Iraq war Vet

First off, awesome thread. The best "Ask me" I've read in a while. It's fascinating to hear you describe it. I got a friend in the Marines now (finishing college I guess? I believe he ships out this fall for Iraq) so I'm just trying to get a feel for what he's gonna be going through... sounds awful tbh. No questions yet, just thought I'd throw in my appreciation for your service and for making this thread.

Also,

[ QUOTE ]
i gots to get me a chromed out ak

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you get any training in peace keeping operations before your first tour?
Was your training focused on conventional combat operations against an opposing army or did it include counter insurgency training?
What were you expecting to happen after the initial conflict against the Baathist regime was won?

[/ QUOTE ]

No we didn't really get any peace-keeping training. We did a lot of MOUT (Military operations in urban terrain) training, which consists of learning to fight against insurgents who fight with gorilla tactics.

After the "major combat operations" were over. Everyone was kinda like, "uhh.... so what de we do now?" I don't think the guys up top thought it out very well. I'm still not really sure there is any kind of real "plan".

[/ QUOTE ]
Gorilla vs Grizzly, which one wins in a fight?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:54 AM

LOL. yeah I forgot to add a disclaimer that I suck at spelling, punctuation, and pretty much writing in general.
Here some more pics, Ill try to find some more good ones, but they are scattered around everywhere.

The guy on the left and I spent alot of time together.He claimed to be 21, but I think he was closer to 16 and joined the Army anyways.

Antenna hill

The euphrates river.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:53 AM

no way that kid is 21.

Also you don't have any insider info on what really happened to Pat Tillman, do you? Any opinion on the subject?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:57 AM

I'm probably going to be hated forever for what I'm about to say but mind you I'm drunk and that's usually truth serum so here goes...

I'm a republican by nature and I chose not to vote last election (my first legal aged election) because I was an ignorant voter and I accepted the fact that I wasn't allowed to bitch about it. I've found that if the war will directly improve my lifestyle then I'm for it, but if it will not then I'm against it. I haven't noticed anything positive from the war since it started (especially gas priceS) so therefore I am thinking that it didn't improve my lifestyle. With all of this in mind, who do you plan on voting for next November and do you think the war improved anyone's daily life? BTW I didn't read anything except the first few posts so if this was covered I'll read the whole thing in the morning when I'm sober and you can just not reply to this
Old 07-29-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably going to be hated forever for what I'm about to say but mind you I'm drunk and that's usually truth serum so here goes...

I'm a republican by nature and I chose not to vote last election (my first legal aged election) because I was an ignorant voter and I accepted the fact that I wasn't allowed to bitch about it. I've found that if the war will directly improve my lifestyle then I'm for it, but if it will not then I'm against it. I haven't noticed anything positive from the war since it started (especially gas priceS) so therefore I am thinking that it didn't improve my lifestyle. With all of this in mind, who do you plan on voting for next November and do you think the war improved anyone's daily life? BTW I didn't read anything except the first few posts so if this was covered I'll read the whole thing in the morning when I'm sober and you can just not reply to this

[/ QUOTE ]
You're going to be hated forever because you admitted that you're ignorant and are against the war?

You must be drunk and I must be leveled.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no way that kid is 21.

Also you don't have any insider info on what really happened to Pat Tillman, do you? Any opinion on the subject?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Im pretty sure he was like 16-17, also I forgot mention something. Everyone knows how hot Iraq is like 115+F daily. But no one ever mentions who FREEZING cold it gets in the winter. I mean its disgusting cold.

As far as Pat tillman goes I don't have any personall info on what happened. From what I have read/heard it sounds as if he was killed by friendly fire, and then they tried to cover it up. It's pretty easy to see why they would do this, as it would be terrible press for the military.

Also, he was an Army Ranger (Bad-ass mothertrucker)who I assume were conducting Covert Ops with friendly locals. So it would be fairly easy for some other unit to not know who's who and just start popping people. Thats all just my personell speculation though. I really think his family deserves a good answer of what really happened though.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like your just Indifferent and that is a pretty common stance on the war.If you take a deeper look you could probably see lots of ways it will directly effect you eventually.

To be honest I have no idea who I would vote for at this point. If I had to guess it would probably be Obama if Hillary doesn't beat him out (which is what it's lookin like is going happen)

Ill probably vote 3rd party again. Yeah yeah I waste my vote blah blah
Old 07-29-2007, 05:11 AM

I'll vote for whoever you vote for if you can figure out and tell me who that chick is in your avatar. You get a double vote, OOT gets a new hot chick - everybody wins!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll vote for whoever you vote for if you can figure out and tell me who that chick is in your avatar. You get a double vote, OOT gets a new hot chick - everybody wins!

[/ QUOTE ]

selena spice, vote for ron paul.