Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Random trade idea of the day....

Suppose that Washington finds itself in the middle of a disappointing season. With Antawn Jamison in the last year of his contract any way they'd trade him to Phoenix for Diaw and Banks? Diaw would seem like a great fit in the Washington Princeton style offense which makes great use of good passing big men. Banks at least has some potential, although is probably more of a liability with that contract and no production last year.

It would give Phoenix a starting 5 of Nash, Bell, Marion, Jamison, Amare with Hill and Barbosa coming off the bench(can move Marion to the PF too and go smaller).

Of course Washington probably wouldn't do this if they were in the playoff chase and thats likely. Just a thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

This would probably be a good trade for Phoenix come playoff time considering Jamison doesn't D up any worse than Diaw, but I don't see how he would be a great fit for Washington unless him and Arenas develop some sort of 2-man game.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't like seeing a 6 foot frenchman nearly lead the league for pts in the paint. You don't like seeing Manu's crazy forrays in the lane? You don't like Duncan showing us his prototype post game?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I do not like seeing these things.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and Bowen's play represents the ideal teammate

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, undercutting opposing players "accidently" over and over will have a positive effect on your team
Old 10-25-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the spurs b/c they are one of the gayest and most boring teams ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't enjoy watching the spurs shoudn't be called basketball fans. I understand that one can only watch oh so many 74-70 final scores, but they are the ones dictating the tempo and could just as easily put 105 points if they wanted.

You don't like seeing a 6 foot frenchman nearly lead the league for pts in the paint. You don't like seeing Manu's crazy forrays in the lane? You don't like Duncan showing us his prototype post game? All of their role players are sick, too. Oberto can drop come gorgeous dimes, Barry can still gun and Bowen's play represents the ideal teammate.
If you can get over the fact that they are from San Antonio (omg), have boring fans and boring unis, watch a game and appreciate that squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. The only team I like watching more than the Spurs are the Suns.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Watching the Spurs is incredibly frustrating for every non-Spur fans because of the incredible amount of leeway they get from the refs.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With Antawn Jamison in the last year of his contract any way they'd trade him to Phoenix for Diaw and Banks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Why would Phoenix give Diaw a long-term deal, then effectively release him (getting a 2-3 month Jamison rental in return)? Phoenix is set up financially how they want - they have Diaw, Barbosa and Amare locked up for 3+ more years each, as well as Raja Bell for veteran leadership/defense.

Marion's the one who's a lock to go - he's nearly 30 and will want to keep making the max (eg. twice as much as Diaw makes). D'Antoni and the Suns know that Diaw can be very effective when motivated and when given major minutes (like when Amare was hurt).
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Random trade idea of the day....

Suppose that Washington finds itself in the middle of a disappointing season. With Antawn Jamison in the last year of his contract any way they'd trade him to Phoenix for Diaw and Banks? Diaw would seem like a great fit in the Washington Princeton style offense which makes great use of good passing big men. Banks at least has some potential, although is probably more of a liability with that contract and no production last year.

It would give Phoenix a starting 5 of Nash, Bell, Marion, Jamison, Amare with Hill and Barbosa coming off the bench(can move Marion to the PF too and go smaller).

Of course Washington probably wouldn't do this if they were in the playoff chase and thats likely. Just a thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

This would probably be a good trade for Phoenix come playoff time considering Jamison doesn't D up any worse than Diaw, but I don't see how he would be a great fit for Washington unless him and Arenas develop some sort of 2-man game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamison is old. Diaw is young. Jamison's contract is up at the end of the season, so they'd be trading one month of Jamison for a signed Diaw.

106,189 and counting
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With Antawn Jamison in the last year of his contract any way they'd trade him to Phoenix for Diaw and Banks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Why would Phoenix give Diaw a long-term deal, then effectively release him (getting a 2-3 month Jamison rental in return)? Phoenix is set up financially how they want - they have Diaw, Barbosa and Amare locked up for 3+ more years each, as well as Raja Bell for veteran leadership/defense.

Marion's the one who's a lock to go - he's nearly 30 and will want to keep making the max (eg. twice as much as Diaw makes). D'Antoni and the Suns know that Diaw can be very effective when motivated and when given major minutes (like when Amare was hurt).

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they give him that deal? After his great year 2 years ago? Seems like they could be disappointed in last year.

By that same logic, Phoenix wouldn't want to give up Marcus Banks either since they gave him a long term deal.

106,188 and counting
Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who don't enjoy watching the spurs shoudn't be called basketball fans. I understand that one can only watch oh so many 74-70 final scores, but they are the ones dictating the tempo and could just as easily put 105 points if they wanted.

You don't like seeing a 6 foot frenchman nearly lead the league for pts in the paint. You don't like seeing Manu's crazy forrays in the lane? You don't like Duncan showing us his prototype post game? All of their role players are sick, too. Oberto can drop come gorgeous dimes, Barry can still gun and Bowen's play represents the ideal teammate.
If you can get over the fact that they are from San Antonio (omg), have boring fans and boring unis, watch a game and appreciate that squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone I know could give a rat's ass about low scoring, that isn't the reason for not liking to watch them play (and I have talked bball w/ people from just about everywhere in the country).

People get sick of Duncan constantly shrugging his shoulders, giving the palms up and frowning after damn near every play. According to him he has never committed a foul and has never not been fouled in the lane. It is also tough to watch Manu--ugh can barely think about it--his [censored] flopping is sickening, he is a big pussy and flops around on the floor over NOTHING a handful of times each game...it is actually quite amazing to watch. Bowen undercutting, ugh--Horry ugh. Most of that team is a pain in the ass to watch--Parker is about the only one I can stand.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Parker is about the only one I can stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find even him annoying to look at. After watching as many Spurs games as I do I'm surprised I haven't seen any of oberto's "gorgeous" dimes, I'll have to keep a look out. I pretty much only watch the Spurs to hope they lose btw, or to see Ginobili get punched in the face etc.