Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ladyboy?
No 10 7.14%
Yes 130 92.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Who is most recognizable worldwide?

[ QUOTE ]
The first time I went to Europe I lost a bet to an Argentian dude I was travelling with that we could pick any 10 random people in the street and ask them who was more famous, Michael Jordan or Diego Maradona. I went with MJ and he went with DM. 9/10 said DM was more famous. That was the first time I had ever heard of the dude.

I'm going to go with Beckham here because Soccer is so big outside of the US and Beckham has his mug plastered on billboards from Shanghai to San Francisco. Close 2nd being Dubya. I doubt Tiger is all that recognizable, could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about Bin Laden?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 AM

Googling "Harry Potter" gives 110 million results.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly could not recognise a single baseball / basketball / American football player in history. Michael Jordan? No idea. Tall muscular black guy I guess, but I can't put a face to him. Maybe if I googled him it'd look familiar, but I couldn't tell him from Magic Jordan (the other name I know). In fact with the exception of boxers and tennis players, the only American sportsmen I could recognise are OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Hulk Hogan, and - oh wait, a basketball player - Dennis Rodman because he was on the TV show Big Brother here in the UK, but I had no idea who he was at the start. These sports that are just big in the US don't mean [censored] to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I bet you got picked on a lot as a kid. The fact that you would even admit this amazes me. I played basketball and golf in college and follow all sports adamantly. The fact that there are even people like you that exist is astonishing. How in the [censored] can you not know who Michael Jordan is? Do you live under a rock?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM

Hes from the UK which doesn't cover these sports so thats standard. I'm a HUGE sports fan but wouldn't have a clue about anything with these sports either. I've heard of Micheal Jordan but couldn't put a face to him either.

I'm sure the vast majority of people over here wouldn't even know the rules of baseball or American football.

In fact over here in Ireland you get picked on as a kid for being a basketball fan
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 AM

i really don't think being from the uk is an excuse for not knowing what michael jordan looks like.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM

i havent read any of this thread after the first 20 posts, but it is absolutely lollllll that d beckham was put in the bottom 2 by almost everyone.

david beckham is ahead of the guy in second place by at least 4-5x imo.

if u had to assign them marks out of 100 it would be like

david beckham 80
george bush 18
michael jordan 1
pope benedict 1
paul mccartney 0
tiger woods 0
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM

btw i dont think many ppl outside the uk know who paul mccartney even is, or ppl outside the usa know who michael jordan is any more
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Beckham, Bush, Jordan, the other 3. Also LOLOLOLOLOL at the guy who said Beckham isn't big in Asia. I expect the vast majority of the world outside of the US couldn't name one single current American sports star, but an absolute tonne of them are going to know who Beckham, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo are.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly could not recognise a single baseball / basketball / American football player in history. Michael Jordan? No idea. Tall muscular black guy I guess, but I can't put a face to him. Maybe if I googled him it'd look familiar, but I couldn't tell him from Magic Jordan (the other name I know). In fact with the exception of boxers and tennis players, the only American sportsmen I could recognise are OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Hulk Hogan, and - oh wait, a basketball player - Dennis Rodman because he was on the TV show Big Brother here in the UK, but I had no idea who he was at the start. These sports that are just big in the US don't mean [censored] to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I bet you didn't live in America as a kid. The fact that you would even admit this amazes me. I played basketball and golf in college and follow all sports adamantly. The fact that there are even people who aren't Americans that exist is astonishing. How in the [censored] can you not know who Michael Jordan is? Do you live somewhere other than America?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-10-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here´s another top 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, not sure how well known he is in China, India or the ex USSR... and that's about 3 billion people.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY5xIavvl6Y