Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Default QQ on monotone flop.. can I shove here?

<font color="blue"> villain is 38/13/2 over 60 hands. </font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.75
BB: $10.60
UTG: $24.65
MP: $54.75
Hero (CO): $26.45
BTN: $25.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50, 3 folds

<font color="blue"> I know I should have raised this up, but I had been very active on the table the last 2 orbits, and with his 10BB pf bet, I felt I would be pot committed after a c-bet on the flop. Should I have 3-bet this regardless of my table image/history? </font>

Flop: ($5.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $5.35</font>

<font color="blue"> I don't think I can call here? Should I shove or fold? </font>
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: QQ on monotone flop.. can I shove here?

What is it with people saying "I dont think I can do this". Of course you can and need to. Play the hand carefully. A free card is not an end of the world for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM

You have horrendous reverse implied odds. Re-raising preflop makes this hand easy to play postflop. Most people at this level aren't paying much attention to what you're doing (even good players probably aren't since they're multi-tabling).

You have to fold as played.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is it with people saying "I dont think I can do this". Of course you can and need to. Play the hand carefully. A free card is not an end of the world for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't call this bet on the flop. The only good result for you is that the rest of the hand goes check-check. Otherwise, you're just putting money in the pot that you don't expect to get back (you're not really going to call a turn bet, are you?)
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 PM

reraise pf. you should be 3-betting without history/reads. QQ is too good a hand to smooth pf without any reads (sometimes QQ is nice to smooth for deception value against aggro TAGs or whatever, but readless i'm rr-ing alot).
flop i don't mind shoving.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 PM

Ok, 2 scenarios:

#1: I call: I hit my flush or a Q...villain shoves turn, easy call?

#2: I 3-bet pf to $7.50, villain calls. If he leads out for ~$12 do I shove? or fold? If he checks do I c-bet ~$12 and call a shove?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM

Why would not I? Why would I ever consider folding a strong overpair with a decent draw to a cbet? 66 probably is not even in his raising range to be honest. What hands are you afraid of?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, 2 scenarios:

#1: I call: I hit my flush or a Q...villain shoves turn, easy call?

#2: I 3-bet pf to $7.50, villain calls. If he leads out for ~$12 do I shove? or fold? If he checks do I c-bet ~$12 and call a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You dont really want a flush to come. You want to see rags, no hearts, no kings and no aces.

If you 3bet preflop, its easy shove.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would not I? Why would I ever consider folding a strong overpair with a decent draw to a cbet? 66 probably is not even in his raising range to be honest. What hands are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not necessarily afraid of any particular hand. We're probably in the lead here, based on his range. What I'm afraid of is that I'll have to put the rest of my stack in to find out if I'm in the lead.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not necessarily afraid of any particular hand. We're probably in the lead here, based on his range. What I'm afraid of is that I'll have to put the rest of my stack in to find out if I'm in the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you need to know where you at? Your stack is not at risk as you have position. Just call down cheaply and try to see the showdown. He will either slowdown eventually or you will have a somewhat difficult river decision. But you should have tonns of information by that time.