Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Default NL 10 AJo from the button in a multiwaypot

Should is calling preflop here a leak ?
The table had a very high VPIP (like 30-40%)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $3.90
BB: $10.00
UTG: $13.25
UTG+1: $22.20
MP1: $8.95
MP2: $7.45
MP3: $6.55
CO: $17.60
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $9.85</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">65VPIP/14PFR / 2.3 TA / 80 hands</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $0.45</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.05

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($3.45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $3.45 ($0.30 Rake)
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: NL 10 AJo from the button in a multiwaypot

Should I valuebet the river ?
When I was in the hand I thought I'll chop with any ace anyway, but may I get an extra bet from hands like 99 or TT.

Check behind turn is standart in a HU pot yes ?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:04 PM

I would raise, you have position, no one has shown any strenght, and you should punish the limpers. They very likely have drawing hands, and you should take as much out of them Preflop, because they will likely check/fold the flop, or hit a stronger hand then you will.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:07 PM

as played, whats about the rest of the hand ? fine excapt for the missed valuebet on the river ?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM

I will normally raise limpers with AJo from the button, but sometimes will just call.

Against this villain's range, I would bet for value on the turn, and check behind on the river. [Note that against a tighter villain, with TPGK, I'll usually slow down after villain bets and calls a raise on the flop.]
Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM

I would prob bet the river, but tbh isn't not that bad checking behind. The heart is a bit of a scare card, and I don't know if I see people really calling here with Mid pp's
Old 06-07-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would prob bet the river, but tbh isn't not that bad checking behind. The heart is a bit of a scare card, and I don't know if I see people really calling here with Mid pp's

[/ QUOTE ]

I see ppl call midpairs in such situations far more often then ppl who do not go mad about a riverd flush (meaning betting them)
and I very rarly ... if ever saw a NL 10 player C/R a riverd flush
Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Oh ya i'm not afraid of a rivered flush, but it was a flush card and an over card to his Mid pp, as well as the fact you raised on the flop. It just seems like a really bad card to try and get value out of.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Now if we though he might have Ax I could see a bet here. Ya the more I see it you could def bet here, but something like 1.5$ or so, I don't see you getting looked up that often though.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 PM

Raise preflop, you would like this heads-up if possible. Why no turn bet? You have a hand that is vulnerable, you can't show the river free. That way your also betting when your pretty sure you have the best hand and don't have to worry about checking behind that river.

What villains went to showdown percentage, is he a calling station post flop? If he's a station bet all three streets for value.

After you checked the turn if he had a heart flush he would lead here most of the time. I don't think if you bet your going to get called much with the paired board and the flush. Well, not called by much that you already beat.