Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: The Malloreon: GAME THREAD and FINAL ROLE DESCRIPTIONS

Also,

My favorite thing about this game was that it was the first game where faking was really used well. Perhaps it was the dynamic of the game or the availability of the roles... in standard werewolf you fake seer, your peek gets lynched, and then you get lynched when you come up wrong. In this game, we had multiple people claiming the same role for days, and it made no sense to even resolve the issue (patton/xorbie in particular) so the village had to deal with two conflicting viewpoints and couldn't get a confirmed out of it. It was great. Especially since Xorbie did SUCH a good job... I have a better read on patton than xorbie, and I was like "man, I'm getting so much villagery vibes from patton but I really want to believe xorbie too". Eventually I just concluded that it didn't matter because it was definitely Toth/Belgarath in some order and neither were evil.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 AM

I actually peeked traz at one point.
I had kind of lost it expecting to die and trying to defend the "no lynch amp policy." VR im'ed me asking for a peek and I was completely clueless, then I died.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While I may not have shown it in my posts, I really was pretty sure of what was going on, but I was posting haphazardly (though with intent), to try and further confirm my opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, in other words...

You knew who the bad guys were the whole time (like you do every game), but, this time, you purposefully decided to post the exact opposite in the thread??

Way to play villager, traz. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I may not have shown it in my posts, I really was pretty sure of what was going on, but I was posting haphazardly (though with intent), to try and further confirm my opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, in other words...

You knew who the bad guys were the whole time (like you do every game), but, this time, you purposefully decided to post the exact opposite in the thread??

Way to play villager, traz. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

2:31 PM:

[ QUOTE ]
Re: you're a gambling man
ok, I've thought about it and here's my best guess as of now...you'll probably use it to laugh at me once the game is over though :P

liselle- soah
cyradis- MadTown
belgarath- patton
toth- xorbie
the last evil- tabako

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2006, 02:39 AM

I think he mistakenly posted that in a PM to you instead of in the game thread.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 AM

I, for the life of me, and I think someone already mentioned this, could not figure out how soah could basically draw so much attention to Steve's posts and not be evil. I basically thought he was giving a roadmap to kill our seer.

Soah was by far the most confusing person for me the entire game (brilliant game, BTW soah!). I don't believe I've ever flip-flopped about someone so many freaking times.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I, for the life of me, and I think someone already mentioned this, could not figure out how soah could basically draw so much attention to Steve's posts and not be evil. I basically thought he was giving a roadmap to kill our seer.

Soah was by far the most confusing person for me the entire game (brilliant game, BTW soah!). I don't believe I've ever flip-flopped about someone so many freaking times.

[/ QUOTE ]

patton,

anyone who was not blind should have realized that spook was the seer. i don't think soah thought he was giving anything away that wasn't already common knowledge

but the number of missed peeks in this game was absolutely sick! how many people even know no that boiler was peeked by soah?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um if I am evil I STFU and nightkill him.

Stephen's post was pretty blatant though and durron had already brought it up.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um if I am evil I STFU and nightkill him.

Stephen's post was pretty blatant though and durron had already brought it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also thought it was common knowledge at that point
Old 11-17-2006, 02:47 AM

By far my biggest regret in this game was deciding all of my peeks BEFORE asking the mods to rand() the decision. Countless hours could have been saved if they had simply rejected my peek attempts up front. =P

I did, however, have the presence of mind to ask jared to tell me immediately if I got nightkilled so that I could stop wasting my time.