Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Canterbury Fall Poker Classic ?

[ QUOTE ]
schneids and gobbo at the same table in the 230 limit tourney... But i am too awkward to say hi...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do it, JP!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Just got to CP and registered for tonight. If you see a guy in a Ping hat anf Cardinals sweatshirt feel free to say hi.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 PM

I really want to stop by on my way to the airport but one of my friends is giving me a ride down there so we wont be stopping.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:22 PM

I retract my statement about yesterday's tournament being the worst structure I've ever played... Tonight's shoveament was far worse...

Anyway, met Gobbo and Randall... Nice to meet you guys...

I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay here... I'm either staying through the main event or I'm going to leave on like Thursday after the 300 and drive to Indiana to play some WSOP circuit events... I can at least play NL cash there...
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 AM

I'm playing the tourneys almost every, if not every day -- anyone is welcome to say hi.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm heading up there for Thursday's $300 NL tournament.

I'm driving up from Rochester, and plan on getting there a couple hours early and play a little limit.

If anyone else is up there, It would be cool to meet up with some of you. I'll be wearing my lucky grey 1977 Led Zeppelin T-shirt and a MN Twins cap. Or PM and we can set something up.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM

I played the 10/16/07 7pm 200+30. I'd gone there hoping to play a few 65$ SNG to get a seat for fridays 400$ nlhe event. They weren't running because of the 7pm event so I decided to sign up.

I wasn't too annoyed by the blinds and felt like I got my money's worth, until we hit the money. The blinds seemed like they missed a few levels in between somewhere. I donked off my last 40k at the 3/6k blinds busting out 26th.

Was surprised to see Gobbo in the flesh. Am still considering playing fridays event with my win, but will examine the blinds for that event before committing, the total crapshoot the last 3 tables looked like was a bit disappointing.

Heres a hot you tube vid of last nights action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxFzeHQt-0
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM

o man I know, the blinds are insane. I'm going to play in tonights but I don't know about thurs/fri/sat as you start with only 2000 chips, however a few levels of blinds are added/ten minutes are added to levels...
And as far as the satellites go, you might as well just do a round robin coin toss because they are ridiculous. You start with 300 chips blinds at 10-15 but they are up to 25/50 in a half hour and double every fifteen minutes, it's such a waste.

And this town is just down right depressing
Old 10-18-2007, 11:28 AM

For Canterbury regulars that have played in the STT satellites are these the same type of awful structure as the terrible Sit N Go's they usually have on Mon and Thurs nights. Dsalts description above sounds like it is. If that is the case you better be aggressive and double up early because the blinds go up very quickly compared to your starting stack.

Also what are the payouts in these STT satellites?
Do top 3,2 or 1 get paid?
Do you get Lammers and some cash?
Thanks

And for the out of town guests - sorry about all the rain.
It has been pretty depressing lately but it usually is pretty nice in the fall up here!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:19 PM

the most frequently run are 10 man $65 which pays $500 in lammers and $50 in red chips. It is winner take all; however, deals are not uncommon, especially when h.u.

last night I watched two guys h.u. when I started watching, one was practically all in for his sb but folded. the next hand the blinds went up to 200/400 and he was AI blind; got lucky; got lucky again. won a race 88 v AJ. won the event.